Buying a salvaged vehicle for parts

Anyone ever dealt with this company or done anything comparable?
What do vehicles usually go for? Seen a lot of them with bids under 1000 with not much time left, will they go for that or alot more?
Is there any fees or charges you run into?

http://erepairables.com/

Just thinking out loud and wasting time on the interweb i stumbled across this place while looking for a wrecked tacoma to steal the cab from. It would be awesome to buy a wrecked 4 door tacoma 01-04 and swap it onto my frame (move the rear body mount and front bed mount) and then part the rest of the leftovers out. There just so happens to be one in greer that's TRD that only has front end damage. All i would need would be the cab and bed and steal the rear axle and those all seem to be clean, i'd source fenders and hood elsewhere to keep the facelift. I don't care about the title and all, i'd keep the one from my truck now.

http://erepairables.com/salvage-auction/trucks/toyota/tacoma/2003-toyota-tacoma-1633467

Has me pondering, I've wanted something with more room for awhile and have some money's saved up that i could possibly do so with.

All the salvage places I ever dealt with were pay to join only and I think you had to have a business license. I wouldn't mind buying some cheaper salvage stuff and piddling with it.

Apparently I should read your post before I babble.

I think all of those websites charge a fee to join/bid. Most of the salvage **** I always wanted jeeps/toyots/etc. always brought more than I tought they were worth. If you join let me know how it goes. As I said I would love to get some salvage stuff cheap/local and fix it up in spare time and try to turn some side money.

I'm gonna read more into it and see what i can find and come up with. I joined salvageworld.net bc you didn't have to pay anything just to look and it seems like a little better place. They have a FAQ page that answered some of my questions.

From reading on there and messing around with a few things, the current bid on that tacoma is 1,250 with the calculator they have on there to calculate fee's if i was to bid 1500 and won it at that price i would end up paying 2068 after all the fee's, Thats auction, bid, gate, loading, wire transfer, paperwork and handling fee. IMO, that wouldn't be to bad of a deal seeing as my overall outcome would be a completely different truck and would end up making a good bit of that back as long as i was to source a truck that wasn't to far gone. If i find myself needing to go to Greer this week i may stop by the place where that truck is just to see what it looks like and talk to the guy about it all. I'll be interested to see how much it will go for.

They have all kinds of vehicles on there from cars and trucks to motorcycles and what not.

Thats sorta what I have in mind JR. I really like fixing up Jeeps for the lot, trucks as well. But it's just too expensive to buy a good Jeep and lift it and outfit it with the right stuff (IMO ofcourse) and then get a decent profit in the end. I don't mind salvage stuff especially if you document the re-do process (like a restoration) and can trust the stuff.

Example:
Jimbo bought a trick Sabb Turbo for about half the price already fixed and they did a good job fixing it. Before he purchased it I told him to google the VIN sure enough he found the salvage ad with pics of the light damage. So he had/has pics for his resale which will go a long way in most folks eyes.

Basically if you can prove it was light damage then you can probably fetch a better price in the end.

I saw a good bit of jeeps on there and i'd like to dabble in that too. Check out this site for Jeeps and other jeep stuff, has almost anything you could think of for a jeep from little pieces to salvaged jeeps

http://www.daveysjeeps.com/index.html

From looking on that salvageworld site, it even appears if it's a few states away it's not even that bad to get it shipped. Can get it shipped to SC/local for between 200-500 which isn't to bad especially if it's way far off.

Matt, do you think it would be easier and less hassle doing it since you have a dealer license and all? I've never been to any type of auction so i'm oblivious to it all