Fall crawl

I know it's some time away but figure we could go ahead and get an idea of time and place for a fall crawl later this year. At Oscar we had discussed a ride at Windrock about the same time in October as MCJ + stragglers went last year.

Anybody have a time and place they would suggest or want to go? Maybe even hit a few parks in a weekend, kind of ultimate adventure style? Or maybe go back to Harlan?

What y'all got?

Ya I was thinking it was earlier then October. I think October would be a little cooler and for me would work better for a few reasons.

We had originally chosen that weekend because it was labor day and gave us an extra day in the weekend. Also thats right when college football starts and october is packed with games. September 1st is the Auburn game at Auburn, so no clemson home game that weekend.

01tj

We had originally chosen that weekend because it was labor day and gave us an extra day in the weekend. Also thats right when college football starts and october is packed with games. September 1st is the Auburn game at Auburn, so no clemson home game that weekend.
Windrock Labor Day weekend works out good for me.

I guess i'll speak for some of our people since most of them seem to be interwebs challenged these days.

Last year our group camped at gulches the Saturday of Gulches got talent. Was a big time. It's also mine and Tanner's birthday. I wouldn't mind doing that again. Will probably fall the 3rd saturday of September.

Some of us are possibly going back to Harlan with the yankee's in late sept. early oct. Have not heard from Robbie whether or not this is a go or not yet.

I wouldn't mind going to Golden Mountain for a Fall Crawl this year. Think that would be a good time. A lot of folks have been metioning wanting to go there. Weather would be nicer in mid October.

Think the Abbeville crew is going to Harlan in October with their families.

I may tag along with you guys to windrock if you promise to take me to the good **** and not make me regret it like last time...hahaha

01tj

I guess i'll speak for some of our people since most of them seem to be interwebs challenged these days.

Last year our group camped at gulches the Saturday of Gulches got talent. Was a big time. It's also mine and Tanner's birthday. I wouldn't mind doing that again. Will probably fall the 3rd saturday of September.

Some of us are possibly going back to Harlan with the yankee's in late sept. early oct. Have not heard from Robbie whether or not this is a go or not yet.

I wouldn't mind going to Golden Mountain for a Fall Crawl this year. Think that would be a good time. A lot of folks have been metioning wanting to go there. Weather would be nicer in mid October.

Think the Abbeville crew is going to Harlan in October with their families.

I may tag along with you guys to windrock if you promise to take me to the good **** and not make me regret it like last time...hahaha
I really wanna do Golden Mountian sometime this year

IMO, i think if we do a forum wide fall crawl we should do it sometime in October or early November. Labor day isn't really fall, and will probably be hot as hell still, a windrock trip that weekend would be cool still, but i don't think it should be dedicated as the fall crawl. I don't care much about missing a football game, but for those that do, the weekend of October 25-28 has Clemson away playing that thursday at Wake, and Carolina at home vs. Tennessee, OR November 1-4 with Clemson at Duke, and Carolina's open week. The leaves should be changing about that time of year and weather would be great for camping and wheeling.

I'd be down to check out somewhere new as long as we had a map or a guide, Windrock was fun, but i wouldn't want to go back unless i had a planned route the entire time as to not waste so much time. Golden mountain looks like its about 5 hours from Clemson in Sparta, TN. Wheeling in the country is about 6 1/2-7hrs from here, which is pretty far for a long weekend.

Any other places around the SE worth going to?

Ya it's big as hell. We didn't see but part of it and it was still a good time. We burned up so much time on one trail looking for water because it was so damn dry and dusty. I think if you were to make a map of each day it would be a blast and you would get to see alot of what it has to offer. We didn't even get to the same side of the park as atomic ridge last year.

I think the key for Windrock is SMALL well guided groups. No more than 5-6 rigs per group and a well planned route each day like has been mentioned. Would be nice to have someone that knows a little about the park in each group but I don't see that as being a must. I could see it as being a cool place if you know where your going and have small groups. When I went we had about 8 rigs and some under capable drivers. As in a first timer woman in a RZR 900XP. It was intersting to say the least.