Choccolocco Mountain and Morris Mountain May 25-28

It was good meeting up with everyone on Saturday morning. While the old rover isn't anywhere NEAR the caliber of the other vehicles, I still had a great time just BS'ing around. Only notable trail I ran was Rubicon. Kinda had a score to settle there. Came out the other end with just a few new marks on the rear diff and some black paint missing from the passenger rock slider. Other than that I just rode around watching the big rigs play and taking it easy.

I got on the highway coming home at about 55 mph, I got some bad vibes. I thought to myself, "Uh oh. This is going to make for a long drive home." I bumped up to about 62 and it got worse. About that time I heard a loud THUMP and saw a giant piece of crap fly out the back. Vibes were gone after that!

There might be a decent picture or two I could share. Currently going through what I've got. Hope to get something to share here directly.

For the bigger rock rigs, Morris is probably better. A lot of hardcore trails, all very close to camp. Lots of good access trails so you can bring your girlfriends stock pathfinder in and park at the top to watch the show. However there is nothing really in between the two.

Choccolocco has a lot more trail riding. So if you have a rig like mine (nothing special, just a little bit of tire, a locker and some suspension), you can go out and play all day. I think it has about the same number of hardcore obstacle trails as MM, but you've gotta travel a ways to get to them. As mentioned earlier, lots of hillclimbs at Choccolocco.

How did Gillis slice another sidewall? Do MTR's suck that bad or does Gillis just keep putting them in the wrong spots to fail? How many is this for him now?

Yeah, that is wild. Freeman seems to have had good luck with his though. Wonder if there is something different in the size?? Well, Gillis is a maniac though and has no concern for his equipment....haha. That could have something to do with it.