Jantz Engineering Jana K4

hmmm, interesting concept. I'm guessing the jk44 gears they are using are the standard jk lp 44 gears and no the jk rubi 44 hp gears, as it appears that their jana hp version uses the dana 50 gear sets. I could see this as being a less expensive jk front hp44 upgrade in comparison to using a pr44 or tera 44 housing. Pick up a late 70's ford weld on hp44 housing, cram the d50 gear set in there, upgrade the shafts and knuckles, and call it good. You could even get a 3/4 ton 44 housing that has the super thick tubes, cut the long side down, and still end up at a reasonable price in comparison to custom built housings. I know I've got around 1750 tied up in my jk44 front just in gears, inner and outer chromo shafts, poly ball joints, inner c gussets, and sleeves; so this is what I'm basing my price assumptions on.

thats a great product that has been put to the test, I have followed the Jantz threads for a while on pirate. Really awesome mod if running big tires on a 44 with rcvs.

Yeah, I thought about it too if I every change ratios, but I have two much money in my e-lockers. I haven't looked through those threads recently but has anyone leaked out what bearings you are suppose to use without buying their "kit".

I have 1350 rear DS joints. The conversion joint still has the 1310 side that's weak, so if you want tough I would go with a new pinion flange. That would let you do full 1350's.

If you are not breaking 1310 joints in it, I would just keep rocking them. If you did want to do a 1350 joint you could just have tom put a 1350 slip on the end of your front DS. Does it come with a yoke in the kit?