CJ Widetrack axles.

Do you think that would hurt the resale value? I want this one to be very stockish or at least model specific parts for the most part. Axles from a different model may discourage a collector?? If it were a trail rig, of course I would consider that. At least widetracks were available in CJ's. If I dont find any then I will rebuild these with wheel spacers. Thx for the info tho Dan.

HHHMMMM Resale value. That is a whole nother ballpark. If it is a to the "T" restoration it can be worth something to collectors. Restoration resales can be a PIA. I frequent earlycj5.com and i see beautiful restored rigs that go for pennies cause people just cant sell them for their "worth" On the flipside a jeep is not going to sell if it is backyard hacked. A nice balance of good mods on the cheap can be the keep the price of the build down and allow some profit at the end. As for using wagoneer axles, i am not sure about if buyers wouldnt frown upon them. They are a touch wider than the widetrack CJ axles if i remember. They are just a bit more available from what i have seen.

It will not be a to the T resto. Just want to keep the CJ heritage. You dont have to worry about backyard hacked here but I definately here ya.

As long is it is a full on jeep build using jeep parts I wouldn't see an effect on value. Now if it was a wide track cj to begin with and you pulled them....that would effect it. For that jeep I would consider more of a resto mod. Keep that sweet old cj retro look while upgrading it with better jeep parts. That way it's still all jeep and it's better. Wagged would be just fine. The value killer is when people swap crap in them and dont hook it up right; like scary steering and crazy pinion angles. Throw the waggys in there with a good steerin and leaf setup and keep it clean......which I would imagine based on all your whips shouldn't be hard. There nothing jing-a-lang about that tj. Any who that's my two cents. 49 more opinions and you will have a dollars worth

Can anyone point me in a direction to look? I don't see any. At this point, a narrow trac front will be all I need if I can find one complete. This rear is salvagable but the front will cost more to complete than its worth. Thx. I have been looking on JU, JF, CL, Ebay and Pirate. Dang I forgot about NC4x4.com. Maybe I will have better luck there.

Southern jeeps and nc4x4 always have a buttload of axles and such.

I know a guy I think is selling a 74-76 cj5 complete running with a chevy 327 I think If you'd be interested.