Old New Guy.

Wife and I just moved to Florence... previous lives include a long stint in California followed by Richmond VA.

Currently, I'm straightening up a 95 YJ for bouncing around in. The goal is original...

I don't quite have the urge like I used to. I'm aiming more for fun and reliable than a trail slayer.

These days the big jeeps are gone and I'm working on something that will teach my 5 year old daughter the love of the outdoors.

Get with Lennie at Hartsville 4x4, creativeness and cheap labor as well as knowing where to go wheel around Florence.. Jody owns a 4x4 shop that sells CJ stuff there in Florence, not sure of the name. but he buys wrecked jeeps and parts em out too.

Thanks for the info. For me the jeep is really just a chance to get out and wrench. If I can't do it myself I pretty much don't do it anymore.

I have a lot of machine shop capabilities at home plus a mig and a tig so I can do most anything at this point. But I'll look them up.

thanks.

Lots of pics... The TJ I built from 1998 - 2004. In its final iteration it was:
factory 4.0l
700r4
Atlas II 4.3
Dynatrac ProRock 60s serial number 3 and 4 with ARBs and 5.38s
Beadlocked red label 35" Krawlers and about 3" of custom coil on a RE long arm.

I competed in it in CALROCS in 03/04 and sold it in 04.

The 5 was full custom. Stretched about 15" for a 102" wb. Custom frame and the rear wheel wells were moved back 6".
It had Currie 9"s front and rear with Detroits
Mustang roller 302 that was blueprinted, decked heads and bored .030 over
T-18A
D300 with 4:1 and 32 spline out
37"MT/Rs on trailreadys.

I'll dig up some more pics of both. The 5 got sold in 08. I replaced it with a JK on 33s which I sold last may.

01tj

Welcome to the forum. Those are some Sick Jeeps. Where is that pic of the TJ taken at?

That's the ENTRANCE to Backdoor in Johnson Valley, CA... aka the Hammers.

That trail is brutal. The entrance is silly, the first ledge is absurd at 2 vehicle lengths and vertical, the 2nd ledge is about 5' and undercut... after that its a piece of cake.

Few more pics...