OffroadSC Fall Crawl?

And Steve, I am down for a OffroadSC fall crawl fo sho. Don't know about Windrock but maybe Golden Mt.? I have never been and am dying to go. I want my next Windrock trip to be with a smaller and much more knowledgable group about the park.

At one point and time Jim and Robbie mentioned a joint bachelor party at Big Dogs for the two of them and get everyone from here and there together. Can you say a big ol' big time???? WOW. But don't think Jim is gettin hitched as soon as Robbie now. But, I would still like to go there at some point.

Brooks, wanna move this into it's own thread like a fall crawl thread or something since we derailed the OSCAR feedback??

There are plenty of Fall Crawls that we could attend that are already scheduled and planned at different OHV parks around the south east.

I would suggest a Windrock Labor Day weekend trip like we did last year. It was good weather and fun times.

I would love to give Golden Mountain or Big Dogs a try. I have heard to many mixed reviews of Windrock to even want to go. I always like an October trip as any time around labor day conflicts with work for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Also, because we have the long distance trip to harlan for OSCAR in the Spring, we could make a closer trip in the fall to Gulches and have an OffroadSC Gulches Takeover or something.

Only thing about that about gulches is that a lot of ppl here attend it regularly and I'd prefer going some place I wouldn't have as easy of time going to. Making some type of event out of it. Don't get me wrong I love gulches and plan to head there soon again, but I can cut my grass Saturday morning eat lunch and decide to want to go to gulches and pack up and roll up there wheel and be home for late dinner. I would think some place different would have more people show up.

01tj

Only thing about that about gulches is that a lot of ppl here attend it regularly and I'd prefer going some place I wouldn't have as easy of time going to. Making some type of event out of it. Don't get me wrong I love gulches and plan to head there soon again, but I can cut my grass Saturday morning eat lunch and decide to want to go to gulches and pack up and roll up there wheel and be home for late dinner. I would think some place different would have more people show up.
Very true...

I agree with you on that, but if we planned a trip there in the fall, perhaps people could wait and go then. It is the only real wheeling there is in South Carolina so I figure an OffroadSC ride to Gulches is like a requirement haha.

What are the mixed reviews about Windrock? Other than the price its awesome!
I agree windrock is awesome!

I think Harlan has a better trail system for a big group event like OSCAR though. Its easy for people in smaller rigs to drive right up to most of the big obstacles at harlan.

plus camping and wheeling for 4 days at Windrock would be big $$$

I didn't like windrock at all was too spread out and hard to navigate. Seemed like we spent all day riding gravel roads. Not my thing. I am willing to try again with someone who could show me around. I also had my rzr with a group of buggies. That could have soured my trip also

A gulches trip should definitely be on the agenda sometime maybe this summer.

I liked windrock when we went and the time of year was about perfect if only it would have gotten water dumped on it to kill the dust. BUT, I won't go back unless I'm driving something because of how expensive it is (but gulches has gotten pricey too IMO) and without either someone who knows the trails good or with a planned route. We hit some awesome stuff but we missed a lot wondering around and wasted time in search of water. Pretty ricky did most everything the bigger guys did in a stock jk on 285s, but there was definitely stuff we didn't try. I don't mind the trek from one place to the other but a trail route from 1 to other would be more enjoyable.

It seems like one of the best options as its got stuff for everyone and is big enough with an easy haul there. Also never follow Jeff to zaxby's, he led us through downtown Knoxville in the rain.

I've heard nothing but good things about MSOR. Y'all may wanna explore thT option.
From Facebook Page....

Mountainside Offroad Park
Mountainside is sad to announce that the January Jam,Jan. 7th and 8th, will be the finale ride for Mountainside. Due to insurance rates going up so high and regulations and guidlines they have set forth we are not going to be able to keep the gates open!! We want to thank... EVERYONE that has come out and help support the park over the years. A very special thanks to the Black Creek Fire Dept. for being out there to help at all our events and rides!! Great group of people that volunteer their time to be there for the community!!! Please come out for our finale ride and lets make the last a blast!!!! Bring some fire wood and we will have a fire and have a good time!!!! Thanks again to EVERYONE!!! We will be cooking Saturday. Plan to join us and make this final ride one to remember