OSCAR Feedback and Suggestions

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We are really happy with the amount of people that we had up in Harlan for the 1st OSCAR trip. It was more than expected and that says a lot for the trips to come. Obviously, this was OffroadSC.com's first trip and we did our best to organize and plan accordingly ... but there were a few things that didn't go as planned. We would like your input on how the trip was overall, what you feel could have been better, and new ideas to consider for next year.

Some questions to think about:
1. Where should we go next year? Back to Harlan? Windrock? ...?
2. Any suggestions for contests?
3. Was the meal satisfactory? .. Improvements?
4. What else can be done advertising/marketing to attract more attendees?
5. Why didn't everyone that went to Harlan register for the event? .. After seeing the event, will you register next year?
6. What did you think of the prizes, shirts, stickers? (quality, quantity, value ...)

Thanks for your input. This will help us prepare to make the 2013 trip even better.

One of the only things I can think of is not having so many ads on the shirt for the trip. While I didn't know it would be like that before i registered ( or failed to rather) if i had known I would not have registered for that reason. I may just be a pain in the *** though.....

01tj

Im always down for Harlan, but Windrock is a blast too. Windrock has plenty of camping and cabins so everyone would be in a more central location. I also think that Windrock offers somthing for everyone just like Harlan does. The meal was great, couldnt ask for better. As for as the Tshirt, I like shirts with a pocket logo, and large design on the back. I think the prizes were great. Espically since I won a 100 gift certicate to Carolina Driveline. No matter how it turns out I will be at OSCAR II.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
One of the only things I can think of is not having so many ads on the shirt for the trip. While I didn't know it would be like that before i registered ( or failed to rather) if i had known I would not have registered for that reason. I may just be a pain in the *** though.....
What do you mean by ads ... the sponsors on the back?

Yeah, but I would be fine with it if it didn't take away from te shirt. By having the big design on the front I think it took away from the shirt

I had a blast on the OSCAR ride! Even though I didn't have a rig to wheel, still had an awesome time! I think it would be awesome to make the OSCAR ride into a multiple location trip spanning at least 7-10 days, sort of like a UA trip. My whole motivation behind this TJ build is to be able to do that so I'll be ready on a short notice when the time comes. I'm sure it would be rough and expensive for those trailering a rig, but who could turn down such an epic event? Whatcha say?

Moab next year. Whose in?

I had a good time. Food was terrific, prizes were good except I can't fit in my XXL shirt. I dig the shirt but I agree liking a small pocket logo and big thing on back, also I want to see Oscar on the next one, come awn!

I'd like to get some type of fall crawl thing going. Either Windrock or something of the caliber to make a long weekend out of.

Some questions to think about:
1. Where should we go next year? Back to Harlan? Windrock? ...? IMO if it's an anual thing I say stick with Harlan and do it there.

2. Any suggestions for contests? I would have liked to have seen some of the rewards like the first time wheeler, best carnage, Lions den challenge things executed but with how everyone was spread out I understand that was basically impossible. Maybe next time have everyone check in when they get there on Thursday or somethin of that nature??

3. Was the meal satisfactory? .. Improvements? Meal was the bomb. I will be building one of those smokers when I find time.

4. What else can be done advertising/marketing to attract more attendees? I would say post on more forums and also get this forum more active and the numbers will add up quickly.

5. Why didn't everyone that went to Harlan register for the event? .. After seeing the event, will you register next year? I think a lot of folks that didn't register were jealous of my BBQ sandwich and snide comments around the campfire and drawing...hahahha. Na, I think that the fact that we don't have that big of an active group on this forum is why not as many signed up but if it's advertised better and all I think more would register next time. It was a really neat deal IMO. I would liked to have had an input on the shirt though like a vote system? I too am a pocket T kinda guy.

6. What did you think of the prizes, shirts, stickers? (quality, quantity, value ...) Prizes were great, I assume there will be more next year. I think if you are going to do a sponsor thing that the sponsor should donate a prize for the drawing to be on as a sponsor. I was on as a sponsor so not just pumping. I also think if you would do this for a charity possibly that you would get more interest by sponsors and donors which will lead to more registered guests and so on....

Thanks for your input. This will help us prepare to make the 2013 trip even better.[/QUOTE]

Any where that would occupy us for a few days I'm down with, ive not been to many places but there is a good many places about the same distance as harlan and windrock that would be easy Windrock is a place I feel would be more enjoyable with a small group, so much driving and all gets overwhelming trying to move so many people.

The guys who had the biggest hand in putting it on did an awesome job and especially for the first time, it went great. I'm looking forward to the next one.

It looked like y'all organized the event well. I've participated in events before its just not my thing. Not saying I won't ever again. I'm not much on following any kinda schedule that's all.

Alright, I'm taking notes on all of this, and thanks for the feedback.

Here are some comments and Responses I have:

Post the Ride on More forums (we were trying to only post on OffroadSC so that it would be an OffroadSC Ride) Also don’t know how pirate or other forums would like us posting an OffroadSC ride…

Sponsors on the shirt donate prizes. (we were trying to give the sponsors of the site more advertising and recognition for being a sponsor on OffroadSC. If they want to donate something they are always welcome and encouraged to post up a giveaway to give back to the supporters of offroadSC.)

Make it a charity event (there is no money left over to donate. There was a good bit of out of pocket from the people who put this on so that it would be what it was. There was no profit from this event. We tried to keep the price low but include as much as possible so that more people would register…)

How many rigs showed up? Did y'all have groups or did all the rigs wheel together?
there were at least 30 rigs, but the wheeling was mostly in small groups of 5-6 vehicles. We did all meet up at the upper rock garden when gillis ran can opener and we were going to get a group picture, but marcus had some steering issues and we were working on his rig.

I also don't prefer a big logo on the front of the shirt. A pocket is fine. It gives me a place to put my name tag and a pocket protector. I thought you guys did a great job with the event being the first time. Its tough to get everyone to wheel together cause you got people breaking and needing repairs and all. We could do some guided rides next time. I am definately planning a route next time and it will be a long one. OSCAR 4 Prez @ Harlan! Don't even play.

01tj

there were at least 30 rigs, but the wheeling was mostly in small groups of 5-6 vehicles. We did all meet up at the upper rock garden when gillis ran can opener and we were going to get a group picture, but marcus had some steering issues and we were working on his rig.
After that everyone gathered at Middle Rock Garden and Grape Vine.