Wheeling videos

Just a thought: How cool would it be to collect footage from multiple trips throughout several months time and compile it all into a full length video? I've been looking to do this for a while now with a select few starring in it. I'm not talking about just a youtube special hack job, but rather a movie or documentary about the life and times of a group of wheelers. I've never seen this done and think it would be cool to do. All we need is a handy computer nerd with some video editing skills to create the video and a few jeepers willing to contribute to the madness. :grin: Any candidates?

Here's a video that was done by a small group in Tennessee. Sort of unique... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3-XDgv0jrk

We had a guy do one of those for us from a bumpus cove trip last year, it was too big for youtube, we have it on DVD. it woudl be pretty cool, and anyone can edit it in movie maker. I can edit stuff but I dont have a good enough camera to take the vid. I think larry has an HD camera, we could make one from bumpus this year.

What would be better is if at the end of the year take clips from all the different trips and get togethers and form like a visual yearbook. If I had the time and recources, mostly time... I would set it up like the old 411 skateboarding videos (I was actually on one of those videos back when I skated uber-professionally) where it covers in detail all the roadtrips taken by the group and at random gives about a 3 or 4 minute spotlight solo session on each individual and some background information on them. Just for good measure throw in like a "chaos" chapter showing a burst of carnage moments with some cool music in the background.

Maybe I'm just on one of my space cadets missions :roll:, happens quite often.

I will bring my camera and tripod. I am going to rig something up for a jeep cam. My camera is nothing special but it takes video. I figure the more video the better the chance of getting something good. I have looked for videos like we are describing but never seen anything like modern skate/snowboard videos today. I can imagine it though in my head... not just wheelin but well laid out video-ography. We need to hire someone to follow us around. On skate videos its usually guys with roller blades and fish eye lenses... I doubt that would work in our case.

I am thinking about taking an old mic stand and turning it into some kind of "arm" mounted to the jeep to get unique video. It would be easy to do. Just set it up before an area... or if you have enough memory just let it run. If you had an "arm" mounted camera somewhere out the front of the jeep at an angle (beside occasional tree damage) it might be really cool.

the problem with jeep mounted is the camera sometimes cant refresh fast enough for the movement, you almost need something like a goPRO camera to collect video if your bouncing around.

I'll see if I can get one of the guys to post the video from our bumpas trip last year.

I've seen on a rig mounted camera that sometimes the exhaust noise can be quite deafening. That is if you mount it inside. Mounted on the hood would work but if the camera rig is sitting nose high the tree tops are about the only thing the camera will see.

Off the wall idea: Almost need to mount a seat w/ harness belts to the top of someones hood with a brave soul to manually operate it.

alot of times vid is better if its taken outside the vehicle anyways, there is plenty of place to stand to film most of the obstacles at bumpus.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Tripp mounted his Webbie (same as my camera) on the windshield bar of Frank at Uwharrie last year. None of the video came out good because the camera 'draws' the video one line at a time, so at speed, the picture looked like a wave.