Project: back to basics

Most of you may know me from my first contraption
familyandfriendspicture008.jpg
Biggest mistake every was parting it out and my second mistake was building this
ca1a00be.jpg
But had to learn the hard way but as it says back basic picked this up in NC few months ago
ed830ed9.jpg
17a52f35.jpg
how i picked it up in NC need some work would not run or stop when i got it to the house
cfd4e8c1.jpg
mounted fuel tank and had to order brake line for rear the one that came with it was total wrong all together
99e7c6b2.jpg
decided the 35 where to small so i traded them for 37 crawlers and ordered new wheels
42ce567a.jpg

What's crazy is that was exactly what I was gonna name my build thread. Then I thought about everything I had planned and Red labels don't really scream out "back to basics" lol

well i guess some spec would help
96 taco 2.7 3rz
waggy 44 front with 538 locker yukon axles
taco rear with 529 and locker
37 reds on black allied monsters
full hydro steering and new pump and resvor from psc
stock taco case with twin stick
6daf77f7.jpg
cleaned and ready to load on the trailer for harlen in the morning

well i guess some spec would help
96 taco 2.7 3rz
waggy 44 front with 538 locker yukon axles
taco rear with 529 and locker
37 reds on black allied monsters
full hydro steering and new pump and resvor from psc
stock taco case with twin stick
6daf77f7.jpg
cleaned and ready to load on the trailer for harlen in the morning
That does have a good look to it!!

I been kinda busy with everything lately been naglecting to do any work on the old taco. But after good bit of seat time at oscar 2 figgured its time for some up grades over all it did pretty good with only minor problems. The first thing is the gearing its very hard to control in its current setup so a w56 and and case gears or dual cases are going to replace current tran cause reverse is shot in the taco 5speed. Also have badly bent leaf springs in the front due to never adding bump stops stupid on my part but whats done is done. To line up the front axle with the mini truck case im going to replace the dana 44 with a fj80 front that i got a few months back just got to decide what to do with the steering since its kinds off the wall setup but have a few ideas. Pic to come going to try and get the front axle and the trans and case out this weekend so hope this goes kinda fast i would like to make another trip before summer but that wishfull thanking.

Make sure you keep all the taco clutch stuff.. gonna be a lot of rigs running this setup around here. Myself, Dean, You, and George... we should know how to work on them all by now.. :D

Sent from my Obama phone....