Project CJ or Willys

$1,500 or less. Does not have to run. Anyone know of any? I'm going knocking on a couple doors tomorrow. Gonna knock on that house on hwy 10 inBradley that has the CJ5 in the barn for 25yrs. Hope I dont get shot!

Thats a nice one Nick I stopped and asked a couple years ago but he was not interested in selling. Very in nice guy to talk to but plan on talking for a while if he is at home. He also has some really cool cars in the woods as well but nothing was for sale.

haha, 10-4. May pick one up in Charleston next weekend. You know anything about a Chevy I6 motor that people use in mud bogging
jeeps?

haha, 10-4. May pick one up in Charleston next weekend. You know anything about a Chevy I6 motor that people use in mud bogging
jeeps?
I know the Ford I6 300 was pretty strong and bullet proof. I would imagine the Chevy would be decent also. An inline motor seems pretty dependable in any application from my experience.

I may take a look at it next weekend but I have a couple others to look at first. Time to start a new project. I'm tired of coils and links and such. Time to get old school again.

Who knows. May build it to sell it. Was looking thru some photo albums with my pops at all the cj's that we gave away and decided to get another.

there's a scrambler off of hwy 20 i think in abbeville on the way to due west that has been sitting forever by the road under a shed. I also know where an old willy's used to be in a barn off of stevensons road off 72 by the fire department in abbeville but i'm not sure who owns it or if it's even there anymore.

That Scrambler is not for sale or was not about ten yrs ago. I have had 2 Scramblers and don't think I want another. I found the perfect CJ5 project but no one has returned my call yet. I would like to build a 5 on 35s and drive it/mild wheel it.

If I buy another 7, I know exactly which direction it will go in and I really don't want another crawler. A 5 will keep me from going that route. I have also been filled with regret since selling my 75.

If you get an early CJ5 and do the power steering conversion, you can use an intermediate CJ5 (72-75) tube column and cut the bracket and slide the column towards and up on the dash and have all the room in the world for a belly :)

Nick is that Jeep still around Greenwood. There is a guy that has one very similar that lives between us and the bowling alley on 25. Looks clean from what I have seen.

Yea that's it. I sold it to a friend that was on his way to destroying it but sold it first. He did however let several unqualified people service it. We paid $500 for it and sold it for $7500. Still took a bath like hell in it though. It does still look good tho. Only reason we sold it is because the body was not perfect and the paint exploited the hell out of it.

Yea the new owner seems to take care of it. I've never seen it dirty. It was hell with those 14" wide Dick Cepeks and the tiny little Grant steering wheel but I kept the Cepeks when we sold it. They were on my TJ for a while.