OffroadSC the new Facebook

Seems here lately that offroadsc has become more of a facebook than an offroad forum, there's only a handful of technical builds and information that's discussed. Its all about gossiping about what you did today and who's holding who's hand on the next trip, all that's left is making a like button and having a relationship status :shaking:

This is an offroad forum that seems to only consist of chit chat instead of quality information, the reason I bring this issue up is I was telling someone about the site and they stated that they have looked into the site and was not interested in what the forum had to offer.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Like!

Just kidding. I agree there isn't a lot of tech here. There are build threads but most (mine included) are not very detailed, but if somebody asks a question you will get good answers. I see this forum as more of a trip planning, social forum than a detailed tech forum. With time that can change, but if I'm looking for tech on my sami I'm going to search Zuwharrie or Zukicrawlers...

Offroadsc is an off road community. Looking at my latest topic bar I see a buggy build with good ls tech, a tread on outdoor cooking (very relevant for wheeling trips), scheduling for a clubs meeting, and a good threa on rcv shafts.......and this thread. For the age Of the site I feel it has a fair amount of tech on a variety of builds and styles. One Of the great things about this site is its ability to unite local enthusiasts and bring them together. Facebook is gay anyways

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I respectfully agree and disagree. DISAGREE: Quality information: I have learned a lot from the people on this site .... but the things I have learned are not necessarily directly from the site, but from the people I have met on the site and enjoyed some real wheeling adventures. AGREE: The site is lacking on the technical side. But that isn't because of the lack of knowledge on here. The site is just young. If you are looking for something specific, ask, I'm sure there is someone here with the knowledge and will respond.

The person you told about the site and passed it up, will be back someday and will have a different opinion at that time. Pirate and all the other offroad sites are overloaded with gossip and bashing, they only have more tech because they have been around longer.

Hang around, meet some real people and do some real wheeling. The great thing about the people on here is that they are most likely close by.

For the age Of the site I feel it has a fair amount of tech on a variety of builds and styles.
I try to contribute to technical write ups as much as I can. Good tech writeups are what's gonna bring in the google searching crowd. The $185 hydro assist thread I did, Brooks' trailer build and a few others have gotten a huge number of veiws.

Seems here lately that offroadsc has become more of a facebook than an offroad forum, there's only a handful of technical builds and information that's discussed. Its all about gossiping about what you did today and who's holding who's hand on the next trip, all that's left is making a like button and having a relationship status :shaking:

This is an offroad forum that seems to only consist of chit chat instead of quality information, the reason I bring this issue up is I was telling someone about the site and they stated that they have looked into the site and was not interested in what the forum had to offer.
Got a link to your build thread full of technical diagrams and information? I must have missed it.

Its a bit funny that you posted a typical facebook whiney post about typical facebook whining...

There are quality build threads on here such as matth_85 or xj savage and knobby97 but all of the quality information is covered up by pointless threads, like "when and where" i'm sure yall speak frequently even off the forum so why is there a need to create another thread.

There are quality build threads on here such as matth_85 or xj savage and knobby97 but all of the quality information is covered up by pointless threads, like "when and where" i'm sure yall speak frequently even off the forum so why is there a need to create another thread.
Get to the point, what are you hoping to achieve by this thread other than more of what you are complaining about?

and if I may, let me quote your past posts...

So is this for Blackrubi and the homosexual that drives the purple van :grin:
Someone needs to learn how to use google. :flipoff2:
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums...15294394454_716144453_8730891_164945417_n.jpg

Quit wasting time and drop a 5.3 in :grin: i hear thats what all the cool kids do...
"JK ON FORRR-DEEZ" = FAIL on Kodak
Thanks for contributing :shaking:

We've had this discussion before. You must not frequent any other forum, I will 100% guarantee pirates most visited part of its forum is general chit chat.

You've never contributed a thing to this forum, nor are you a supporter, so why are you bitching?

There isn't a lot of tech on here. But, the tech that is on here is accurate. I like the website mostly because there isn't a wad of *** hats on here just waiting to say "search" when a question is asked. I like the fact that it's local. And also think that keeps down on the *** hatery and dickheadness. But, I myself don't contribute much other than general jibber jabber because I am typically at work with nothing better to do than talk trash with my buddys.

We're all friends here. We've known each other and have been wheeling together for many many years. There are countless rigs owned by members of this board that I know just as well as I do my own. Which might be the reason there's not a lot of tech stuff here. A lot of us have been in the wheeling game for a long time. Brooks has worked hard to create and maintain this board to bring together everyone in SC and discuss every aspect of fourwheeling and outdoor activites that we all enjoy. So when someone degrades it, we do take offense. Nothing personal.

Only complaint I have is that I wish my computer was as user friendly as tapatalk. (show you every unread thread). I hate missin out on good stuff!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We're all friends here. We've known each other and have been wheeling together for many many years. There are countless rigs owned by members of this board that I know just as well as I do my own. Which might be the reason there's not a lot of tech stuff here. A lot of us have been in the wheeling game for a long time. Brooks has worked hard to create and maintain this board to bring together everyone in SC and discuss every aspect of fourwheeling and outdoor activites that we all enjoy. So when someone degrades it, we do take offense. Nothing personal.
This is a great point about how close the groups are on this site, but by personal experience I can say to anyone that they are not closed groups that tell you to get lost if you are looking to go wheeling. I was welcomed and have enjoyed many great trips.