Blank corners and fuel cell

Anyone got a set blank corners they don't need? or any of the vendors got hook ups for some? preferably aluminum. I'm asking simply because i'm not too interested in spending 75 dollars in shipping from savvy.

also anyone have a 2162 fuel cell? may be interested in 2161 if already has ring on it.

If your down to make your own Ideal Steel in greenville will sell you second sheet alum. plenty thick enough for about 40-50 a sheet. Could prob. do two out of one of those sheets.

That's what I was considering doing is just going to a place like that. Most vendors charges $400+ for a set and I know it ain't that hard to bend a set around a tub.

If you don't feel like doing that mason Barnes sells them and are in NC

If your down to make your own Ideal Steel in greenville will sell you second sheet alum. plenty thick enough for about 40-50 a sheet. Could prob. do two out of one of those sheets.
thats a good idea, but i just don't know how easy it would be to get the sheet to roll around the tub so it would mount flush... may be easier than i think though.

That's what I was considering doing is just going to a place like that. Most vendors charges $400+ for a set and I know it ain't that hard to bend a set around a tub.

If you don't feel like doing that mason Barnes sells them and are in NC
i just looked at theirs and theirs are already cut... im going to need "blank" ones for when i stretch it so i can move the fender well back so it doesn't look goofy with 35's.

Let me know what barnes says. If you get a blank sheet and some clamps i would think you could get it to bend to the contour of the body, might would have to add a little heat to it but depending on thickness i wouldnt think it would be extremely difficult, just take some time. Even if you decided to use a slip roll and bought one you'd be cheaper then how much a company usually charges.

yeah barnes said he cuts alot all at one time. said it would be a long time before he has to cut more. so leaves me two options savvy or making my own.

i have read aluminum is not the easiest to bend cause it becomes easily fatigued when bent and easily cracks. is that true? it may be worth my money to take it to a shop to get it rolled cause i think i'm going to go with 3/16th, and that may be a little hard to roll with simply muscle, but correct me if i'm wrong.

also how hard would it be to countersink the holes into the corner? cause grade 8 hardware sticking out of it may look kinda ghetto.

i found some info on it in this thread. looking into more now http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/home-made-corner-armor-1264397/

Put some *** into it you'll be able to do it. When are you trying to get them and have them?

There's other companies out there that sell blanks.

Put some *** into it you'll be able to do it. When are you trying to get them and have them?

i want to have them ready to bolt on without a cut by mid june. cause that's right before i'm planning to stretch it. I mean dates are all relative though.

I bent the aluminum filler panel on the Jeep tube trailer we made, and it was only about 4" wide and it was 1/8" thick and it was pretty hard to bend by hand using a pole... I'm thinking 16" or however tall a jeep tub is would be dam near impossible by hand.

If you can find a place to buy metal for reasonable cost I might could get it bent for you.

Your stretching it?
yeah i'm stretching it to about 100. and i'll ask around and see how much i can find it for. i'm in no rush just kinda looking around ya know?

Brooks do you know if richland industrial sells aluminum? or is it just steel?

You still thinking about going to the darkside with leafs?
yup :flipoff2:

There is a Mail Jeep build on Pirate that he made his rear corners. He made a series of kerf cuts about a half inch or so apart along the area to bend and then just wrapped it around the corner. Then came back and filled the cuts with welds and ground them smooth. Worked and looked great from what I could tell.

Here is the page on the build thread that shows the pics.
i like this, but seeing as welding aluminum is not my forte. i don't think i can go this route unless i get steel.

It's a bitch to roll but can be done. Some heat and time and proper placement of whatever fastener you choose will be key. If this is a show piece I would order some. If it's gonna be on the trail i'd spend a hundred bucks and give it a shot.

yeah i'm stretching it to about 100. and i'll ask around and see how much i can find it for. i'm in no rush just kinda looking around ya know?

Brooks do you know if richland industrial sells aluminum? or is it just steel?

yup :flipoff2:

i like this, but seeing as welding aluminum is not my forte. i don't think i can go this route unless i get steel.
they do, but its not cheap. I think Dillon supply was cheaper

To sink it in you'll want to use allen head and counterbore each whole (countersink or counterbore i cant remember) Im sure you could bend it yourself, as long as it wasnt too thick, but yes i'm sure it would be a bitch to do, but could save you a couple hundred bucks possibly. I wouldnt want to notch it like that guy did. I can weld aluminum but i'd rather not do it to much. Find out how much you'll need, i'm pretty sure i could do it in the shop relatively easy though.

It seems recently i've seen a lot of Jeeps wishing they had more weight in the rear to keep it balanced with the front, WideJ comes to mind as well as a few others. Sticking with steel could be more beneficial for that matter but less bling. I like the thought of aluminum armor but im not sold.

And why on earth are you putting leaves in the rear of a TJ?

If you say its because of cost then i call B.S. and call your bluff. Putting leaves on the rear of a TJ is like swapping out the 4.0 for a 2.5, your not necessarily starting with the best, but its a whole lot better then other option.

its not necessarily cost. i know its not as nice as a 4 link. but i would not loose any flex comparatively speaking to my stock set up, actually i'd probably gain travel. With that being said. i can stretch 7 inches to get the money wheel base, gain atleast 3 inches of travel, overall way simpler, better off camber, and yes it is a good bit cheaper.

but sweet i will come to you when if i make them myself.