What do you need to do on your rig before OSCAR?

Bring them old shocks by Keels Rd. Krawler shop for the Nelson mowsheen.

My to do list:
LONG but drastically better than a month ago.

Brake lines
Finish wiring
Exhaust work
Then fine tuning and all the knick-knack shizzzz

uhhhhh....wash it....change the oil and rear diff fluid now that my gears have finally hit 500 miles. Maybe spray some lithium grease on my sunroof track.

1. New shocks installed
2. Adjust bump stops
3. Alignment
4. Spare tire
5. Repair starting problem
6. Rotate tires
7. Grease everything
8. Swap doors & top for the trip

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Getting close! Who's been busy?

We pulled the motor Saturday and found a cracked pressure plate, so a clutch kit is on the way from Utah (3 day express). The engine adapter plate will be here the same day. This weekend will be installation, wiring, and hopefully a test run??? Then exhaust.

We also rebuilt the front suspension to straighten everything out, so the axle has to go back under it.

Assuming my springs get here Friday as I hope they do I plan on stretching the legs a bit this weekend. Good bit of work to do between now and then but I think I can get it done.

Install new push rods
Make side skid for passengers side out of UHMW to match the drivers side
Finish the skid plate for the Trans/T-case (basically just add UHMW to the aluminum I already have cut and ready to bolt back in
Put rear diff cover back on and drill the holes out right since Barnes did not
Top off all fluids
Tighten bolts
Charge shocks/bumps
Put on springs

Hammer down.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I know, I know. I'm always last minute with this stuff.

1. Crack open the front diff and figure out why my LockRite is not unlocking.
  2. While I have the diff cover off, replace the diff cover and guard with new parts (since the old ones are about to go).
  3. Tighten the front wheel bearings (the wheels wobble on the shafts, thanks Cole for noticing).
  4. Replace the rear shocks with shorter ones that don't bottom out.
  5. Go under the Jeep and grease everything.
  6. While I have the front hubs off, clean and lube them (since I've been in the mud a little too much lately).
  7. Replace the inline fuse for my CB (it's broken and keeps coming undone).
  8. Put some protective covering on the ARB line because it is rubbing.

Just ordered the shocks along with a new diff cover and slide plate for the front axle.

Down to wiring up a few little things. Mounting computer and amp. Taking back to exhaust shop. Feels good to be almost ready to ride!