Officially Back

Well, after looking for a while I finally picked up a 97 Sahara. It's an auto and I was looking for stick but the auto might not be too bad. Next thing is I have to pull the RV hitch off the front.

I sold the hardtop and traded the full doors for some half doors with two sets of windows and 500 bucks.

After alot of research I ended up going with the new Rough Country N2 4" Lift.

Just a mock up for now. Still have to decide on rims.

The Jeep won't see much hardcore wheeling for about a year. We have a baby due in May and so the most it will see is a little mud here and there to entertain my 8 year old. Future plans include 8.8, 4.88s, lockers, cage and 35s. DJ

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
OMG, SNOW! Take the pictures down! My bones hurt!

Nice jeep. I always liked the sand colored tops. I wouldn't leave those tires sitting outside, one of these crazy a$$es on here will hunt you down. Just Kidding.

Keep us up to date on the progress.

I am slowly making it MY Jeep with all my leftover parts from my old Jeep.

And the best mod I have ever mad. Misch Big Boy seat brackets. They move the seat back 4". And with me being a big guy that reall help!

The tow bar was a Pain in the A$$ to get off since it had two padlocks on it that had to be cut off before I could get to the bolts.

Wasn't able to get the bumper off just yet. But I will and hopefully straighten it and cut it down and paint it.
I did pull the headlight rings off and spray paint them with bedliner paint.

I removed(and by removed I mean saw-zalled) the front and rear bumperettes. I also painted the bumpers with bedliner. I am really starting to get nervous about when I put the lift on. Every bolt I tried to remove to take the bumpers or bumperettes off, snapped off. That's why the front bumper is still bent because I couldn't get it off. I ended up having to cut the tow bar off that the PO had on it because it was on with two padlocks. And of course he couldn't find the keys! LOL
It still has the dent but it looks a little better.

The back bumper came out pretty good.

Found a guy that wanted to downsize from 35s so I gave him my 33s.
Leavin with 33s

Returnin with 35s WOOHOO!!!

DJ

oh well.. The whole "im back" thing must have screwed me up ..
LOL Yea I can see that. I was down there in the club back in 03-05 and we moved north in 07. I sold my Jeep back in 05 and just finally got into another one. No worries, I do appreciate the offer. Who knows, maybe I can convince my inlaws to grab it from you when they come up in May. LOL DJ

Well, it has taken long enough but the lift is finally on and 99% done for now. Between the new job(14hr days 6 days a week) and a newborn I worked on it when I had free time here and there. Just about every bolt I came across either stripped out or snapped off. I soaked everything with Deep Creep and PB Blaster. I then got out my torch(propane) and quickly learned that's not what everyone meant when they said put some heat to it LOL. My cousin then brought over his torch(acetylene) and I was amazed at how fast that thing worked. Lucky me, it was sitting in storage and so he left it here for me to play with. :mrgreen: So after lots of swearing and throwing of tools I got the lift on and I ended up bringing it to a local 4wd shop to put the T-Case drop in because when we tried to remove the bolts the nuts spun in the frame. I got it back and went to put the T-Case shifter bracket in and now the linkage is all jacked up. So, needless to say all the linkage is zip tied out of the way for now so I can get to work. This is definitely a work in progress. One thing I noticed is that it seems that the rear axle is sitting kind of forward in the wheel well. I wonder if this is common with this short arm kit? DJ

Well, it has taken long enough but the lift is finally on and 99% done for now. Between the new job(14hr days 6 days a week) and a newborn I worked on it when I had free time here and there. Just about every bolt I came across either stripped out or snapped off. I soaked everything with Deep Creep and PB Blaster. I then got out my torch(propane) and quickly learned that's not what everyone meant when they said put some heat to it LOL. My cousin then brought over his torch(acetylene) and I was amazed at how fast that thing worked. Lucky me, it was sitting in storage and so he left it here for me to play with. :mrgreen: So after lots of swearing and throwing of tools I got the lift on and I ended up bringing it to a local 4wd shop to put the T-Case drop in because when we tried to remove the bolts the nuts spun in the frame. I got it back and went to put the T-Case shifter bracket in and now the linkage is all jacked up. So, needless to say all the linkage is zip tied out of the way for now so I can get to work. This is definitely a work in progress. One thing I noticed is that it seems that the rear axle is sitting kind of forward in the wheel well. I wonder if this is common with this short arm kit? DJ

the wheels not lining up in the wheel well is common with most short arm kits, you will need adjustable arms to get your wheelbase back.

Last edited:
the wheels not lining up in the wheel well is common with most short arm kits, you will need adjustable arms to get your wheelbase back.
That's what I figured but just couldn't remember when I first put the lift on my old Jeep if it was this extreme. I definitely think it sits higher than 4" and I'm sure the springs will sag eventually. Thanks Brooks. DJ