Park Conditions 3/3-4/12

It looks like we will be closed again this weekend. We had rain on Monday and rain on Wednesday and now they are calling for rain tomorrow and Saturday. Tuesday I was at the park fixing the parking lot which is getting together and should be okay. But trail one from the entrance to the bottom of heartbreaker is 6 to 14 inches of orange slop. I did not venture any farther in the park as I did not want to tear up 13 or 14 which also are very wet. With all 3 main trails to the bottom so sloppy and rain coming, I just can't see any way I can open. We need to get 4 or 5 days of dry low humidity.

This normally would not be the case in our park but Presidents Day weekend we got rain all day Sunday with over 30 campers still in the park. This would have been a day I would close. But we needed to get everyone out who wanted to leave and we left folks in who wanted to stay. Consequently the main trails got rutted up. I'm not blaming anyone, this usually is not a big deal park condition wise if we could get 3 or 4 days to dry and then we smooth everything out. But we are in a rain cycle that is bringing rain up from the south which unfortunately hits us pretty hard. We are getting rain every other day! Rains from Atlanta usually miss us or we get it very light. Anyway let's hope next weekend we dry out and can open.