MCJ at Durhamtown Feb 24-26

I had a good time this weekend even though it was super muddy. I doubt ill be going back there. It was nice to meet you Scott and Jeannie, hope you can get your Jeep togather for the Harlan trip. I also enjoyed the chili saturday night. Now time to finish cleaning my jeep.:eeek:
Why won't you be going back? and what happened to scott and jeannie's jeep?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I had fun and wouldn't mind going back. There were a couple fun trails, lots of mud, but looks like it has more potential if it gets traffic.

Most fun trail:
P2250028.jpg

P2250030.jpg

P2250033.jpg

P2250038.jpg

P2250039.jpg

Gillis' radiator was a little low...
P2250043.jpg

P2250046.jpg

P2250052.jpg

P2250054.jpg

P2250055.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
There's a place called Boulder Ridge. We rode around it and Greg played on it a little bit. I think Gillis and Marcus played there for a while but the group got split up.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Larry seems to be the only rig that walked away without issues (more on that in a second). But first the trails. They were SLOPPY! But I had a lot of fun. I am really thankful that I had the top and full doors or my cleanup job would be a lot harder (Marcus...). The hill climbs were a lot of fun. Took a lot of momentum and the rear was dancing all over the place. Slippery Nipple was the best. The first day (Friday) right after the rain, the entire trail was a water fall. It was beautiful and fun. You would have thought that will all the water it would have been slick, but it was the opposite. We walked right up it. The tires were grippy and clean. We ran all over the side of the park where the Slippery Nipple trail was and it seemed like all trails lead back to it. So we went to lunch and went to the other side where Boulder Ridge was. After going past Boulder Ridge to hit some trails first, we quickly found that there were no Jeep/Truck trails there. So we turned around the played on the rocks for a bit. It's a big mound of rocks that you can just crawl all over, but nothing that special. We then went over to another section down the road and that is where we go really muddy. You can see in the pictures Larry posted. One of me trying to get out of a mud hole. The water was so deep in a few of them that it almost went over my hood. The mud clogged up my radiator and I started to over heat. So we sat for a bit and then drove to the river for a rinse. We got split up quite a few times but all went well. Now for the damage report:

Larry: No reported issues (Yay! start this report out good, but that's all the good news)
Gillis: Radiator blew (huge hole) and ended up having it towed home (happened late saturday so not much wheeling missed). [Grand Canyon]
Marcus: Nothing big but the TJ shut down coming down Slippery Nipple. Turned out the be a loose fuel pump connection. [Slippery Nipple]
Gilbert: Broken steering pump (or something like that). [Grand Canyon, I think]
Scott: Broken Dana 35 shaft (Driver side). [Slippery Nipple]
Greg: Badly beaten rear CV Joint. Started popping and vibrating on the way home. [No particular trail]

It's not exactly my type of place, but I would go back. Especially if I had a dirt bike to play with. The dirt bike section looked amazing. Oh, they also have a man made obstacle course. Now that was cool and I wanted to spend more time on that but didn't get the chance. Probably the most concrete pipes I have ever seen in one place.

Had a lot of fun on the trails and around the fire. See y'all next time. I'll post up my pictures later.

Had a great time getting to know you guys. I also had a great time on the first 20 feet of slippery nipple, after that not so much. Thanks a lot for all yalls help getting my jeep, truck and uhaul off the trails. Can't wait to fix it and go again.

Looks like y'all had a good time. Id like to check it out sometime being so close. The mud and all steered me away from making it this trip, I hope that's not how it is everytime. Good report Greg.

Why wouldn't you go back Marcus?