Lift Components

I am looking for springs, shocks etc. Looking to do about a 2-2.5 lift. Maybe someone has some laying around they want to sell. My inlaws live in Lexington and they will be coming up to visit soon. 97 Wrangler Thanks DJ

I've got a full set of almost new old man emu 2.5" HD springs and JKS front and rear ACOSs if interested, they are list in the for sale section.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I might go a little bigger than 2 or 2.5 I was looking at the rough country 4" N2 lift kit. Has anyone had any experience with this kit and do you think for the price it's the best way to go? Or do you think I could piece something better together for the money? The only thing I would add to the lift is a 1.25 BL and 1" MML eventually. But I would do the tcase drop for now. Do you guys think I would have to do an sye and new ds with this kit? I have like 1300 bucks to spend on lift and tires. Thanks for the help DJ

I would stay away from rough country, but this is just my opinion. I had a set of RC 2.5 progressive rate coils on my TJ for about 30 days and they started to sag while the jeep just sat in the driveway. I ended up returning the coils under their 90 day guarantee.

If I were buying a bolt on kit, which I assume is what you're shopping for, then I would go with rockkrawler. I would have recommended rubicon express if it was about 4-5 years ago, but am very leery about their products now. Also Teraflex isn't bad, but they're on my poopy list now after breaking 2 of their jk flipped draglinks yesterday with a grease gun (long story).

Anyway, just my 2cents.

Last edited:
SYE...yes. $1300 for 4" lift, wheels, and tires...probably not. If you do get that far it's not gonna be completely correct and you will probably be adding to it as you learn more about what you want to do with the rig.
I had a budget of $1500 and that wasn't gonna cut it. I had driveline vibrations w/o the SYE and also had bumpsteer that I chased around until I spent time and money on that.

The $1300 budget will only allow for a short arm set up at best. A friend of ours only has a 2'' and 1'' body lift and 35's and puts his rubicon in a lot of places. He recently did a tummy tuck on it and it does great.

If your not afraid to buy used you can stretch those dollars for sure. Splurge on a good set of used tires 75% or better then piece rest together. I'd find a set of lower control arms (I actually have some :) ) and then adjustable rear uppers, Trackbar relocation racket for rear and a new Trackbar up front. Look into some ome or bds springs and some quality shocks and you'll be happy. SYE is super nice but may not fit the budget right off and with adhustables in rear you could help the problem as well as a tcase drop if needed.

If you keep it on a 2-3" spring you'd also have better luck without a SYE and could throw a bodylift on as well. I like the lower rigs though. Oh and beef up the steering if you can, v8 zj works well on a budget but more importantly make sure your tie rods and ball joints aren't worn out.

Last edited:
The $1300 budget will only allow for a short arm set up at best. A friend of ours only has a 2'' and 1'' body lift and 35's and puts his rubicon in a lot of places. He recently did a tummy tuck on it and it does great.
That it does. Greg's jeep on here too straight works for being a low simple looking rig with some fancy things under its dress.

That it does. Greg's jeep on here too straight works for being a low simple looking rig with some fancy things under its dress.
exactly. you don't necessarily need to go big, you just have to do it right.

edit: and used parts are definitely what keeps my jeep still on a budget. i'd probably have 800 more in my jeep if it weren't for used parts. The key is just to be patient and be open to what deals come around.

I ended up biting the bullet and bought the Rough Country N2 4" lift. It was 500 out the door so I can't complain too much. I will definitely keep my eye out for the used stuff in the future. As far as wheeling. it won't see too much of that this year. We have another baby dud in a couple months so I'm thinking this summer is gonna be pretty much running around town. But I have plan to have a lot more done to it by next summer. But for now it's just gonna be a few mud puddles here and there to entertain my 8 year old. He already told me he wants to go rock climbing in it LOL. Anyways my lift should be here by Friday and hopefully tires and rims next week. Thanks again DJ