Gulches Rock Jumpers Competition

This is the biggest single event with the largest single payout in Gulches event history. The event will be held on 3D, Skinny Petal Ridge, Testosterroad and Apple Pie. Competitors who wish to compete must preregister with Skip at 864 449 5698
rockjumperseventflyer.jpg

Gulches Rock Jumpers Competition Scoring

We are holding this event at Skinny Petal Ridge's four courses or hill climbs: 3D, Skinny Petal, Testosterroad and Apple Pie. Each of the four will be run at least 3 times. This event is not based on elapsed time, however your time is important if we need to determine a winner from a points tie. Each hill climb will be divided into 4 sections. A painted line will determine those sections. Sections will be numbered 1 through 4 with 4 being a full complete run to the top. If, in the time allotted, a competitor only reaches section 3 his score for that course is 3. Same for section 1,and 2. Each course in the first round drivers will only be given one minute per course. All competitors will run course one then course 2 and so on. Second round Drivers will be given only 30 seconds for each course and the third round only 15 seconds. As you can see getting to the top may not be as important as getting to the highest section. We will add each drivers total score for his three rounds (12 courses) to determine the winner. A tie will be broken by fastest time up one of the 4 courses to be determined on event day. There will be several surprises thrown in as the event continues. (heads up drags, crowd pleaser cash or if it seems too easy we may spray the courses down) Gulches staff has the right to change scoring and rules prior to the date of the event. Questions to this or anything else please contact Skip at 864 449 5698

So if a racer make it to section 3, but then backs down to try again and only makes it to section 2 the second time and time runs out, what score does he get?

If the key word is watch then no it is only $10.00 as a spectator and you leave your vehicle in the parking lot. If you want to trail ride then yes it is $30.00. No vehicles of any kind will be allowed in the viewing area.

Gulches Rock Jumpers Competition with first place paying $1000.00 and Second place $500.00 is soon approaching, April 21st. But at this time I have only 3 competitors signed up and committed. LC Collins Travis Lovett and Chris May The deadline for a free entrance fee to this event is next Tuesday April 10th. If I do not have 7 or 8 commitments by then I will have to cancel as 3 rigs does not make an event. If you can commit to compete in this event or have questions please call or email to Skip Wilkenson park owner by business end on Tuesday the 10th.

864 449 5698 gulches@gmail.com

FOLKS HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THE ROCK JUMPERS COMPETITION ON APRIL 21ST. It is on we have enough preregistered to go forward and put on one heck of a show. Late registration is still available contact Skip at 864 449 5698 or show up at 9:30 that morning.

I have 6 absolutely committed and not going anywhere this weekend. (no possibility of breakage) Several are running the event in Alabama this Saturday and may or may not be able to come. I'm guessing around 10 will make it.

01tj

Weather.com shows scattered thunderstorms for waterloo on Saturday, but who knows what it will really do. You coming Joe?

01tj

Will the park be open to wheel if there is no rain? Only says partly cloudy and 20 percent chance of rain now.

Last edited by a moderator: