Titanium axle- dana 30 chromos

interesting.....

http://www.dana-axles.com/Titanium-Axle-for-Dana-30-Front-Differential-P1.aspx

Terms of Warranty
You break it we'll replace it. We are so confident in the strength and integrity of our axles that we are offering a limited lifetime warranty. We've have no fine print and want you to be satisfied with your purchase.

Each axle is warrantied to the original purchase. If for any reason in the first 60 days of purchase you break your axle, send it in and the next one is on us. Should something happen to the axle after 60 days of original purchase, buyer will pay a flat fee of $50 to have a brand new axle shipped to to them. Titanium Axle CV joints are warrantied for 12 months after date of purchase. Titanium Axle shafts are warrantied for the lifetime of the axle to the original purchaser. Before we can send a new axle we must have proof of purchase and proof of breakage.

i'm seriously interested in the strength of these...

Cole i think you need to try these out for us :flipoff2: if you call they'll give you a quote better than 500 cause they want people to try them out. or atleast thats what i've read on jeepforum.

I was wondering how long it was going to take to catch on. Sooner or later someone would come up with a RCV type shaft for a 30. Even though that style axle shaft came stock in the ZJ Dana 30's these have got to be a lot better.

I was wondering how long it was going to take to catch on. Sooner or later someone would come up with a RCV type shaft for a 30. Even though that style axle shaft came stock in the ZJ Dana 30's these have got to be a lot better.
they have had rcvs available for the 30 before these, these are just half the price...

RCV allready makes a shaft for a 30 I think. What size tire do they claim it will hold up too?
The Titanium CV 4340 chromoly axle kit is designed to withstand the intense stress of high horsepower motors, monster tires, and aggressive driving. Titanium utilizes industry leading materials to ensure high strength and a long life.
is that monster for a 30 or monster as in... 65s?

Yeah it's still a d30 but you get to take your rig out and wheel without it taking a year or two or three to build the ultimate axles and backhalfs and doublers and such. Just slide the stock ones out and slide the new ones in.

01tj

Yea I wouldn't own them. "Lifetime warrenty" What a joke, they said they will only warrenty for up to a year since they know the cv is known to fail. Then they stated they were made over seas. :shaking:

Yeah it's still a d30 but you get to take your rig out and wheel without it taking a year or two or three to build the ultimate axles and backhalfs and doublers and such. Just slide the stock ones out and slide the new ones in.
I gave up on my 30 after having an extra gearset sitting around for 2 yrs and when I finally sold it (to you actually) for stupid cheap, I stripped the pinion a couple weeks later. I saw that as a time to upgrade, just like when my 35 died, even if it was a dumb accident. I told brooks recently id still be wheeling now if that hadnt happened. I now have a 44 that will be going in (could have bolted in to a stock tj with a little work I'd imagine) for less then these shafts.

I just read his post on pirate and glanced on jeepforum. I wouldn't waste my money on them, in a 30, 44, or 60. His warranty is crap and instead of trying to sell them by having testing them and having proof of how good they are, he just says try them hell give you a good deal. I saw several people ask legitimate questions about them and he never answered anything just defended the way he marketed them. Also said they werent meant for anything bigger then a 33", not very monster... You need a fuse in any axle, in an already small 30 I'd rather replace a unjoint then a ring gear, shafts arent bad but still can be a pain. Upgraded shafts may not be that bad of an investment, but I wouldn't go to all the trouble of a cv style axle, and if I was to, id be with a company like rcv, proven and they stand behind there product for a lifetime without making you send back there broken product.

I have 2 sets of stock shafts for sale if someone's needing any.

Last edited:
I bought a hp30 from clippa to build after I'd gotten an already geared 44 rear and sold my stock 30. I would have rocked it and been fine I think until the many many redline assaults would have let something go, but I think they could handle 35s fine in a lighter TJ. I like serviceable hubs which is another reason I picked a 44, I bought one 7 years ago I had always intended to build but it just sat. I'd do a lot of things different if I could go back but I'm not stressing bout it.

Steve if I ever get my Jeep back anytime soon Ill snag those 30 shafts. I always could use some more replacements. As far as chromos go, I wheel a locked LP30 on 35s and not afraid to get on it and with the caps welded I have luckily not broken a shaft since I've had the 5.9. I did break both stock CV shafts. Not saying though that I wont go out next trip and bust both shafts and strip the ring gear :screwy: