WTB Fishing KAYAK

Im looking at buying a fishing kayak for when I move back to Tampa FLA in two weeks. I have been looking at the ride 135 but am open to other comperable boats. Anyone got one they are looking to sell or have any recomendations as to what boat i should get?? Thanks

I looked into buying one after selling my whitewater boat last year. Dicks has some pretty good deals usually and they sell perception. I also went into the new REI in Greenville awhile back and they had some good deals on boats if you haven't tried there.

Yea Im really wantin to get a used boat get a higher end boat on a lower budget... We will see, I have been to dicks and rei, sunrift has some good boats but all new $$

I have a set of Old Town Trip Angler10s. Those are some really nice boats and quite affordable as well.

I bought mine from Dick's in Anderson.

2 cup holders
2 rod holders
Nice seat
bungee up front
anchor system
Dry storage compartment (Big, this was a selling point for me)

Not very good pictures but it's what I got.
DSCF3244.jpg

DSCN4506.jpg

Last edited:
My Dad has a nice fishing kayak that he and I use when we're out on the water. I don't really know that much about it but it's a called a 10XT. 10' single seater kayak. He really likes his because it's small and light weight and can easily fit as many as three 2-peice rods broken down inside the boat and two standing up in the back plus all the tackle and camping gear one would ever need to carry. This is the best pic I have right now of it.
photobucket-15432-1321829254351.jpg

Last edited:
JR,

That's the same ones I have but a year older. The only difference is mine has a different lid on the compartment behind the seat. The lid on mine opens up into the entire back half of the kayak. There's a partition right behind the seat that keeps that part of the kayak dry.

Cool glad to see some others on here with them... I am really looking at Sit-on-top and 12 foot or longer, ill be doing all saltwater so I need the length and self-bailing scupper holes.

You tried using searchtempest to search all the Craigslist around you? I'd think how much you travel you could find one somewhere along the road. Westmarine I forgot too has good deals on kayaks if you end up buying new.