I Have gone through a few rigs.... Dial Up Beware!!!

I got to looknig through my old pics of the vehicles i have had over the years. It all started out with an 1986 Suzuki Samurai. Unfortunately no pics of that, but it was pretty much stock.

I traded it for a 1963 CJ5. Samurai was my DD, CJ5 was barely running. So i lost on that, but i had to have the cj5.
Pics of it when i first pulled the body off.

Same rig, painted it Desert tan, added hard top and 33s

Cut out front fenders and added snorkel, removed snorkel and other items.

Got this jeep, or actually bought motor to go in 63 CJ5, and it came with a 71 CJ5. Didnt do much with it and sold it.

Traded a rifle for 73 Bronco

Sold off the above bronco cause I got my 1989 Toyota from my Dad. I needed a reliable driver and rig to pull jeep around.

Redid CJ5 again and painted is Transport Yellow

Traded a boat for a 1946 CJ2a. Was cool, but had at least 1/4 inch of bondo all the way around, the frame was broken in half and lots of other bad things. Wish i had the boat back. Ended up parting it out.

Found this gem on Ebay. It was a put it together model. 304 V8 and auto tranny. first rig with auto.
Before

After a spring over and boggers. Drove like a cadillac. Sold it to a friend. He rolled it and smashed it to hell. I got it back after a year but it was too far gone from being sunk into the sand in florida on the beach.

1963 Land Rover Series 2a. Got it from a friend. And really wish i kept it. Just didnt have time for it, but it was cool as hell. Sold it to a friend and it was later sold and is in orlando.

Got this freebie Wagoneer. Was going to donate drivetrain for the commando when i got it back, but decided to not go with the project.

I got this 1988 Samurai from my Dad. Brought it down to Florida from NC, then ended up bringing it back up to SC when we moved. It was another fun rig, but got too small for the family.

This is the 1963 CJ5 again. With wagoneer axles and 36s. It too came up from Florida with us. Had this vehicle longer than any other.

Sold Chevy truck and got a 1989 Toyota 4runner. This is the small 4runner of the two. its my DD. Rebuilt the motor and it is reliable as all heck.

Finally it was the end and I traded the 1963 CJ5 for this 52 CJ3a. I sold the tow rig and the CJ5 wasnt good on highway. Cleaned up adn repaint the CJ3a to transport yellow. Last of the paint finally. Completly stock adn fun as heck.

Got another Wagoneer. Fun project. Sold it when i got the big 4runner.

Traded CJ3a for the 1986 4Runner. I needed something to carry the whole family in and hopefully do interstate travel with. Still working on trusting the rig completly, but it is getting there.

And the latest project. 1963 M38a1. Just s shell now until i can find a samurai drivetrain for it.

I wish i would have saw the one magazine with the series rover with toyota guts. I would have done that in an instant with that one, but I didnt. C'est La Vie.

I didn't know you had a commando back in the day. That's pretty much what mine would look like if it hadn't been all gussied up with the CJ front

I really miss the commando, Rover and Bronco.

Only had bronco for a short time. It was a swamp buggy for its life. It at one time was built very nice, but all rubber suspension parts were rotted or missing. It looked like a shotgun blew threw the quarter panels. The driver seat was sitting on a wood 4x4. It was a half cab with a nice 289. I would like another bronco.

what you end up getting? the tie rods? I have the pitman nut from the gear bo. so it does live on. somebody did get the windshield from it, i am glad that was taken, it was brand new. but the left the brand new gasket.heheheh

glad to know some one is getting use of it....i just hate that the motor went in it and that those timing cover/oil pump housings are so expensive or it would still be here.

Only one door, it was from a differnt truck, the one that was on this 4runner hyperextended or something and tore it to all hell. I hope to paint everything one color this spring/Summer

I got the tie rod and pitman arm. The axles are still under it the windshild was gone like you said. Someone took a load of parts off the top of the motor other than that its still pretty intact. Hell I was going to take the front axle but its a disc