Creeper joints

Just wanted to let you know if you buy creeper joints they are rebuildable. But you can't buy replacement parts from trail gear. I don't think Trail Gear makes them but I don't know who does to get pats from.
I bought some and burned up the insert when I was welding them in. I called Matt and explained what I had done. He told me they didn't have replacement parts and I would have to buy new. The particular ones I have are sold in pairs. He told me he was going to cut me a deal. They sell for 80 a pair and he would sell me one for 43(what a bargain huh). I figured my F up. So I paid the 43.
Anyway just wanted to let you know that their joints are rebuildable but you can't buy replacement parts. I do have extra parts now.

Luckily I never ran them long enough to need to rebuild them. My old XJ is running around right now with the ones I bought for the front 3 link and I never seen signs of wear. I'll pass the word on.

Are you talking about the Creeper joint or the shackle with the creeper joint in it? I honestly think at the price they are throw away joints anyway.

01tj

At 43 bucks you are right there with the Johnny Joints, thats what I run and thats what Ill continue to run.

He's using the shackle with the creeper in it. his truck is leaf sprung.

edit: not necessarily the shackle, but the shackle hanger.

Thats what I figured. After what Tate and Mike's Johnny joints ended up like i'll stick with the Creeper Joint or a heim. I really prefer a good heim for durability.

I've personally always prefered worn out bushings to anything else. Seems to give the best "I feel like I'm riding a roller coaster and have no control of where this thing is going" feeling.

I have curries now and with no ride time with them I like them compared to the others ive seen. Also most the guys I know that run them like them a lot. Only thing I'd run besides currie is 1.25" Heims (I'll have 3/4 Heims as my uppers but would like to compare a jj to heim on lower)

I'll run them till they wear out or or I'll just go with a 4 link. I think the JJs ate a better product. I just found the creepers on sale for 60$ a pair.

Are the JJs a true rebuildable unit????

Last edited:
I'll run them till they wear out or or I'll just go with a 4 link. I think the JJs ate a better product. I just found the creepers on sale for 60$ a pair.

Are the JJs a true rebuildable unit????

was doing some searching and happened upon this again. I think in your edit you asked if the JJs are rebuildable, and yes, You can buy any part and even mod parts for them like changeing bolt hole size and the like.