Steve97tj

My name is Stephen. Was on Usjeeps for a long time. Im from Abbeville, live in Clemson, but spend a lot of time in Lexington/Cola.

Rides:

DD:
98 Tacoma V6 sr5
2.5 Spacer front
3 leaf Wheelers add-a-leaf
Bald 33's
Vagina purple topper with lightning bolts

IMG_0652.jpg
008-1.jpg
w/ henry in the vagina topper
IMG_0713.jpg
IMG_0715.jpg

The headache/barn grazer:
97 Jeep TJ 2.5
Low on 35s

meblacksmill.jpg
offroading046.jpg

Last edited:
Scooped it up yesterday. Been wanting one forever. With my great dane puppy henry only being 7 months and already doesn't fit in my truck he needs somewhere to stay when we travel. Also comes in helpful when camping. I ordered some clamps to hold her down but those big vise grips are the only thing that i had at the moment. It needs new struts and i want to replace some of the weather stripping but it was decent for the price. Plan on painting it black or getting it maaco'd factory color as well as putting carpet inside of it and some lights and what not. I already love having it.

And i never noticed that but melissa would probably hate me for spreading that picture around the internet.....oh well.

Nice man... yeah Zac loves his camper shell. I wouldn't mind having one for camping and keeping stuff dry when i want. But i've had the truck 4 yrs now and haven't really needed one too much

Only thing i've hated is in the dark, i cant see a damn thing backing up. Gonna install some better back up lights when i build my bumper.

I'll honestly probably only keep this until i can get it fixed and what not and try and buy either a softopper or a canback.

Figured i'd add some evolution of my Jeep as well as some other vehicles i've had through my years.

Started driving my Jeep in 2002 i believe as a hand me down from my dad. Beat the piss out of it in the mud and just local trails
Jeep028.jpg
Jeep051.jpg
Jeep078-1.jpg
Blew up the 35 riding down 26 on the way home from charleston somehow and swapped in a 44 with 4.88s and detroit. Also swapped in some v8 zj coils when i did this and i was already sitting on 31 bfg at's.
Jeeppostlift.jpg
0324071805.jpg
Drove it like that for awhile until my tranny went out and i parked it in the barn and started taking **** off of it and letting it sit.

About the time i put the 44 in my jeep, i somehow talked my way into an 82 toyota 4wd
0319071847.jpg
0319071849a.jpg
0319071851.jpg
It was stock for the most part except for 31 wild country mt's. Drove it for awhile and it was my DD for awhile and got tired of driving it everyday and missed my jeep. Didnt do to much to it besides paint the rims, take the roll bar off and throw a weber and some other stuff on it but nothing major before i sold it.
IMG_0436.jpg
IMG_0437.jpg
Ended up selling it for retardedly cheap to fund a new transmission and a few things for my jeep to get back on the road. I still kick myself in the *** for ever selling it, It wasnt the nicest or cleanest toyota but i miss it and when i run across another deal on one, i'll buy it even if it means i have 3 vehicles.

So i got the jeep back on the road now, running worn 35 bfg at's, 30/44 with 4.88s and a lockright/detroit and i was loving the **** out of it.
offroading005.jpg
Wheeled it a couple times at gulches, rices creek and the local trails around town but pretty much was just driving it to work and school everyday.
offroading049.jpg
offroading041.jpg
offroading034.jpg
offroading037.jpg
snowjeep.jpg
I liked it for the most part but i wanted to change some things about it and always wanted new tires for it besides AT's. It never let me down and always suprised the **** out of me when i drove it anywhere of how capable it was.

I have always liked to beat the hell out of any and everything i have. Being as my Jeep was my DD and wheeler and i kept breaking stuff and had it torn apart in my parents driveway every other day, my mom decided she wanted to buy me something reliable to drive everyday.
001-1.jpg
Bought this bad boy in may of 09 i believe and promised not to lift it or put loud exhaust on it.......that lasted 2 months. I've wheeled it some but nothing to hardcore and plan to keep it that way. Here's how she sits now (ive taken the lightening bolts off the side of the camper and gonna paint it next week hopefully)
IMG_0731.jpg

I've not driven my jeep very much lately as i get pissed off at it everytime i drive it. Hood flew up on my on the way to Clemson one night messing up my hood real bad, drove back home and my pinion nut fell off and slid forward and ate my pinion....so i was pretty mad about that but fixed it a few weeks later to drive around for a bit. On a visit home my computer blew the fuse like it had done before from a short and i let it sit for ever and finally hauled it to my farm where it sat for longer. Went out the other day to tinker with it, got it running in 5 minutes and figured out where it was shorting out at. Drove it down the road, did some donuts and hill climbs for a bit then put it in my barn and here's how she sits....
IMG_0720.jpg

Plans are 44/8 swap with long arms and a little stretch. Bunch of things needs to be adressed on my Jeep while i have it torn apart. I'll start a build thread to motivate me once i start doing stuff.

Heard you were selling the rear man? I vote to leave it in, geared, detroit. Yeah the 8.8 is prob stronger, but prob not worth all the work, id swap that front and roll out. Just my .02

Yeah, I think he was actually talking about putting a toyota 8" in instead of an 8.8 I think he got a good deal on one. I think it was already geared with the elocker and he was going to put chromos in it for like $150. Seems legit.

Not running the 8.8 anymore, Elocker 8 for me boys. My 44 was sold to a fella in NC sunday. I wanted to run 6 lug and kind of fell into a deal on the elocker rear which will get me 6 lug and a selectable locker, which is what i've wanted after seeing brooks ARB. Brackets are on the way for the 8.8 that are gonna get burned on and sold to some fella in NC. I've got the money to do the rear just need to order brckets and DOM and start grinding and welding away. Gears will be a concern when i get the axles in and rolling but plan on running 5.29/5.38.

Yota stuff.....that's what I'm talking about. Id like to go selectable rear in my 40. I am going fj amd car for awhile and the fj will have to do truck stuff so being able to set the rear to open would make life a little simpler.