Mt. Aetna Petition Please HELP!!!

Please help us Rock this petition!!!

Target: TWRATennessee Wildlife Resouce Agency
Sponsored by: WeRock Off-Road Club
*For many decades, people have loved the sport of Off-Roading in the great outdoors. For people here in the Chattanooga and surrounding areas we have all enjoyed our Off-Roading sport atop Aenta Mtn. Tennessee.
*This may come to an abrupt end on March 12,2012. This is due to a decision made by the TWRA, to close this property to all ATV Riders and Off-Roading Vehicles.
*TWRA have set aside money to build a road across the property to be used only by Hunters. The Hunters will be aloud to park on this road and walk from their vehicle to hunt, but can not operate an ATV to their*hunting location.*
*Not only will this decision make the sport of Off-Roading extinct in our area, but it will also create great devastation*to our economy in this area.*
*By signing this petition, you are stating that*in your opinion, TWRA land atop Aetna Mtn.Tn.should remain open to Off-Roading enthuses*as well as Hunters.

Please sign

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-off-roading-alive-on-aetna-mountain-tennessee/

Open ride WE Rock Aetna Lease Jan. 28th 2012 FREE
Please come out and support the fight to keep Aetna Mtn open for riding by showing up and signing the petition and riding on Saturday January 28th 2012. The TWRA is planning to shut the mountain down on March 12th. We need all the signatures we can get. If you love this sport and want to keep our lands open for riding please come out next Saturday January 28th. Thanks

Last edited:
They are having a free Ride day on the WEROCK side of aetna mountain this saturday...this is a one time chance to run the creak trail up the mountain without paying the 200-300 for the key.

Open ride WE Rock Aetna Lease Jan. 28th 2012 FREE
Please come out and support the fight to keep Aetna Mtn open for riding by showing up and signing the petition and riding on Saturday January 28th 2012. The TWRA is planning to shut the mountain down on March 12th. We need all the signatures we can get. If you love this sport and want to keep our lands open for riding please come out next Saturday January 28th. Thanks

I found you folks via Google, searching for more info about this whole predicament.
I'll pass it on to our club, MidSouth Jeeps. Sure wish that there had been better coverage and info out there, I think that we could have made a good showing if we had known.
I am grateful to you for the info that you have provided and have passed it along in as many places as I can.

The fact that one of the officials complimented the Off-roaders for "policing themselves" and keeping the area "surprisingly clean" gives hope but it sure does look like the Tellico situation.
yeah, I was almost suprised by the compliments. But thats a good sign that we arent all the "bad guys"

I'm sure a bunch of 700+hp buggys on cut 44s doesnt qualify as the good guys....
he was describing how they arent fighting and throwing trash everywhere, not that their studded TN cut boggers arent throwing rocks 400yds down the mountain as they assault it at full throttle.