Post Your RC Crawlers

Started life as an Axial RTC, which I changed up a bit and added a wrangler body.

pc060002.jpg

The huge tires I added made everythign to easy unless you were wheeling Lower 2 so I decided to tame it down a bit step my tire size down an inch and got with a more scaler approach.

I swapped all my drivetrain onto an Axial SCX10 chassis I found for cheap as well as a new tacoma body.

uploadpvp.jpg

this is my old clodbuster i converted into a crawler, spooled axels, build my own 4link out of brake line tubing, fifty-five turn motors IMG-20120121-00182.jpg this is my sons 8th scale crawler IMG-20120121-00187.jpg this is my losi comp crawler, with front and rear dig, fifty-five turn motor(soon to be brushless) IMG-20120121-00190.jpg

jeepman, does your sons mad torque break alot? i can't keep mine from breaking stuff in the rear axle. i ride it for like 3 charges another thing breaks and i wait 3 weeks for a part lol

no, only broke twice and that was on the dogbones at the knuckles, and my son beats the crap out of it! for a cheap truck it been good so far, everything i have heard on them people eather love them or have nothing but trouble. i dont know if there is any upgrades for truck yet or not eather

there aren't cause i'm at there website like all the time trying to order parts! haha but yeah mine was all fun until it broke a knuckle off the housing. ever since then it just wants to break, and my battery is taking like a day to charge now.

Those are awesome. I really want to build one. I may have to offload some of my vintage collection to afford one though. Here are some of the RC's
I have.
Graupner/Kyosho Fairlady's(Nitro), exreamely rare and valuable.

Tamiya 959 w/ Technigold motor, 2 original bodies.

Just some vintage tamiya, all runners. Restoring a few more now. Gonna finally get a Clodbuster after wanting one my whole childhood.

These are horrible cell ph pics by the way.

them cars are sweet i love vintage rc stuff, there is a pretty good market for old rc cars, try calling repeat hobbies on platt springs in lexington, he mite be interested in buying some for his collection.

Those blackfoots bring a pretty penny in good shape, you could sell one of those and buy any axial you want.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Those blackfoots bring a pretty penny in good shape, you could sell one of those and buy any axial you want.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The body, suspension and linkage is all in good shape. The center section that used to be there to contain the old electronics and battery (a plastic module) is gone and been replaced with more modern electronics. It's a pretty cool truck. It has brass u-joints and aluminum oil filled shocks.

That Fox is looking good Volt. I've had one I those for 25 years.
Thx, I actually just restored that one last month. I have a sport tuned 540 to put in it. Cant wait to see what she will do. The Blackfoot's really are not bringing very much right now. I am restoring a grasshopper for my buddies son now with a 540sh. Gonna give it to him for Christmas. I'm sure he will destroy it first run. The Fox was always a favorite of mine from when my Hornet would get smoked by one at the local hobbyshop races.

01tj

Just boxed up my Losi Night Crawler, shipping it out in the morning. Got a brushless Axial Wraith on the way. Its got a 13.5 Timbuck2 brushless kit, upgradeded driveshafts and axle shafts. I will prob get a set of Proline Super Swamper SXs or some RC4WD Rock Lox for it.

wraith.jpg

01tj

Traded my Losi for it and some cash. I think they are around 350 with out batterys or charger.

Last edited by a moderator:
A buddy of mine has a wraith: brushless, upgraded everything. and runs on lipos. Usually 2s but sometimes its on 3s but it breaks too much stuff then haha. Pretty insane.