Save Durhamtown Ride

01tj

Yea we went there a few months ago. Its got alot of potential but they were saying they only have like 5 or 6 rigs a month there. They just need alot of traffic to get the trails in good shape.

The pictures i saw looked like it was overgrown but a cool place. 5 or 6 rigs a month seems crazy with how close it is. I'd be down to go to durhamtown that weekend if people were too. Maybe the Toyota's could somehow manage to redeem themeselves after the embarrasment this past weekend.

Well, just realized what else is this date. I am definately down for going down there sometime soon though. As long as everything is on schedule on the buggy I would like to get down there some time next month and take a break. Gotta make sure my junk is gonna be ready for Harlan in April and possibly Shamrock Run.

Well the words getting spread cause i was down there yesterday riding the 400 and saw a good amount of rigs driving around. A whole lot of jk's, a few tj's and a couple buggies. Its good to see people going down there to support them. I need to just load the quad and the jeep up one weekend and head down there again. Its defiently a well run place. Facilities are great. Just make sure you bring what you need, it's kinda in the middle of nowhere.

ive heard of the place for years, i knew guys in middle school who would ride there all the time but its just been within the last year or two that ive heard anything about jeep/4x4 trails i always thought of it as more of an atv/dirtbike place. maybe sometime time im down around augusta ill take the extra hr ride and check it out

To me it seems like the place is looking for continuing support and more frequent users, not a one time showing where everyone comes at once then doesnt go back for a year. (like the "save the gulches run")

if people want to help this place out, plan more frequent trips not just one huge one... just my two cents for whatever its worth.

I hope to get down there sooner and check it out, it should only be 1.30 min from the house.

Last edited:
I had somewhat forgot about it but I agree with what you mean, seems the same from what I've read. I'm in as it's probably only an hr from my parents house, which is about as far as gulches is for me when coming from there roughly.