Pirate4x4 bought out

To be honest I don't really get on there that much anymore anyway...I prefer the local boards. That way I know who i'm being a smart *** to and so on....

Yeah, your right. The tech, classifieds, and some gen chit chat is all I look at now. Used to spend hours on there....25 min at night sums it up normally now.

It has gone downhill in the past couple years i feel like. All jeep hardcore has become is, just another jeep on tons builds, and all gen 4x4 is either tim camerons new rig or some other cookie cutter build. I never have much to add anyways but i dont check it often anymore to see the same old things repeated.

It has gone downhill in the past couple years i feel like. All jeep hardcore has become is, just another jeep on tons builds, and all gen 4x4 is either tim camerons new rig or some other cookie cutter build. I never have much to add anyways but i dont check it often anymore to see the same old things repeated.

If people would lay off the haterade I think it would be a lot better. Lots of knowledgeable people on the site and lots of good info but very hard to sift through. And ask a question and get "search" 25 times or in on page one is pretty damn retarted. O well, i'll still get on there forever i'm sure as it's just a habit.

The only reason I've been going over there for the last couple of years is to get entertainment in Chit Chat. Heck, last week I finally said, "Oh, I should see whats going on in the rover section". Of course nothing. However the "Fail" thread is pretty much epic and I love it.

x2 on local/vehicle specific boards. Local boards are great for events. I spent Sunday morning loading up my new wall calendar with all the events I could find. Other than that, I'd rather make a phone call or send a text to find out whats going on.

Pirate won't ever die. Seems like too many people keep it going.

I've never even been in chit chat on there. I've heard trailer park is nice too but I haven't felt the need to buy a star so I don't have access

I enjoy getting my daily news from Chit Chat and entering the drawings, and getting some tech from general 4x4. I also have used numerous recipes from the Pirate cooking forum, which is a red star deal not many people know about. They have some really awesome recipes in there.

The classics are worth the read anytime. The tech is good only when its compiled into a sticky topic. The smack talking pisses me off but isn't near as bad as other forums. Rockhardxj is the worst I know of anywhere!

I enjoy getting my daily news from Chit Chat and entering the drawings, and getting some tech from general 4x4. I also have used numerous recipes from the Pirate cooking forum, which is a red star deal not many people know about. They have some really awesome recipes in there.
The giveaways is what has made me consider paying for a star, there is some badass stuff giving away. I think if i had more to contribute i might would buy one, being broke in school still also keeps me from buying one, almost 3 12 packs of PBR > Pirate star

Speaking of giveaways......I still want a shirt from this blasted forum.

The billavista tech articles and links to service manuals are great. I have printed tons of manuals over the years for several folks. I like having the manuals for all of my drivetrain. Anyway, since they have been bought, they are now blocked by my office network. Now classified as trashy automotive or something. Good thing one of my good friends does our IT work cause that shiz has to change. May have nothing to do with new purchase.

The post about pages007 (bad seller) is very weak compared to what it used to be like. I read 13 pages and it was quite dissapointing. I am sure there will still be good stuff but it looks to have changed already.

Pirate just cancelled the ability to use tapatalk, now you have to buy the Canadian astroglide app from vertical scope..... **** is going down hill quick.