air filter for Jeep but not a K&N?

So the K&N in my jeep has been on it since I put the coilovers on it. i have cleaned it once since then and last year started putting 2 layers of pantyhose over it.. still I'm getting a stupid amount of dust in my air intake.

I want to put a stock paper filter back on, but there is just no room for the stock air box.

Any ideas?

airaid is similar to K&N, which would mean similar dirt in the motor. I'm really looking for an airbox from another car perhaps that I can retrofit into mine. Or a paper filter with foam prefilter that would go in place of my current K&N.

I like the aem filters and have always heard great things about them. Like jr said may help some running a cowl intake you can build one from stuff they carry at advance for imports. I've ran a cone filter on top of my throttle body since I put tubes on because I'm a badass and never cared bc I'd like to swap motors anyways. :)

just fab a lil box to go around the k&n, ive had a nismo(made be aem) cai on the truck since i got it 4yrs ago i hardly ever clean it and the lil 4 sided box (fender and hood make the other 2 sides kinda) that goes around it keeps a lot of dirt out. y not try something like that?

Mud and dirt on the filter isn't my problem. The issue is the k&n filter let's in to much dust. I always thought the aem was just like k&n but from a little research it looks like they are a dry filter element. I think ill look into one of those.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yeah oil filters are the devil! Ur MAF prob hates it too. Also building a box around it is only effective if it is channeling cool air from somewhere, doesnt look like there is any room to do that. The AEM filter with the sock deal looks like somebody finally transferred some technology from the atv world. It seems like a great option.

Looks like for cone style filters I have two options...

AEM thats $65 its the dry flow

Amsoil $30, but it doesnt clamp onto my stock air tube, all of their filters have larger clamp sizes.

I may venture into the pull a part tomorrow to look around.

I saw a few months ago a guy that used a buic airbox in a TJ.

Looks like for cone style filters I have two options...

AEM thats $65 its the dry flow

Amsoil $30, but it doesnt clamp onto my stock air tube, all of their filters have larger clamp sizes.

I may venture into the pull a part tomorrow to look around.

I saw a few months ago a guy that used a buic airbox in a TJ.

go to lowes and get a rubber coupler to take up the extra space.