XM antenna mounting for soft top TJ's

Anyone have location suggestions for mounting a satellite radio antenna? Obviously real estate is scarce on the exterior but I'm not sure how effective it would be inside. I haven't even activated it to even try interior vs exterior.

I'd try mounting it to the glass or windshield hinge on the drivers side. Then you can run the wire right inside the door jamb and hide it in the gasket of the windshield/firewall.

on my fj I stick it inside the windshield frame, but i very rarely run a top so I dont know how that would affect it. I have seen a bracket that sticks it on top of the windshield on a tj.
Apparently alot of people just stick it to the rollbar and it works through the top.

Any word on how reception is through a soft top?
does not seem to phase it:

"Mount your Sirius or XM satellite antenna on top of the center rollbar hoop, in the center. Under the rollbar cover if you have one which will keep it protected and out of sight. Any lower than that and you stand the chance of the satellite signal being blocked by the rollcage or windshield frame since satellite signals are at such a high frequency that they are strictly line of sight which means they are easily blocked by anything metallic in the way. Having a hardtop or soft top up over the top of the antenna will not block the signal in the least, satellite radio signals pass through the fiberglass or fabric tops like they weren't even there."

XM is probably one of the best investments i've made in my truck. I drive a good bit and hate listening to regular radio. Get to liking several stations though because they repeat the same songs on some of the stations a lot which gets old.

Well Santa was listening as I complained about crappy local stations. It's a mobile unit so I'll be putting antennas on both Jeeps, my house, and on my boat. I should have done this a long time ago.