Gulches Presidents Day Run is Coming

February 18th Saturday is Gulches Presidents Day Run which has always been our biggest day of the year. Last year's President's Day (Save the Gulches Run) brought over 500 rigs and helped keep our park afloat. Mark your calendar you don't want to miss the the Southeast's biggest kick off event of the year. More info to come later.

IMG_0624.jpg

I would have preregistered, but it wasn't obvious how you wanted people to pay with credit cards using your site...the only place I saw was in the GRAVEL FUND area.

I would have preregistered, but it wasn't obvious how you wanted people to pay with credit cards using your site...the only place I saw was in the GRAVEL FUND area.
I don't know where you found a gravel fund site we have never had one and on my computer there is none. there is a spot under the pictures that says pay pal and credit card click on that and it says contribute and that's how everyone else sent there funds. I wish you had contacted me earlier and I could have explained it better. I'm very sorry.

anyone here want to ride on as a passenger? we have a few extra seats up for grabs...for someone whose rig isn't ready or who has never been to gulches....also it seems lots of you guys are from Columbia area ....a bunch of us beach guys will be at Texas Roadhouse near the mall on Sunday afternoon around 3 or so on our way home from Gulches this weekend

I don't know where you found a gravel fund site we have never had one and on my computer there is none. there is a spot under the pictures that says pay pal and credit card click on that and it says contribute and that's how everyone else sent there funds. I wish you had contacted me earlier and I could have explained it better. I'm very sorry.
http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/gravelfund/gravel.html

I see the Credit Card/Paypal link now...you know the saying "If it was a snake...."

I agree on the time to open the gates...no later than 9am. That's going to be even more important with the possibility of thunderstorms in the afternoon. I want to get there and get some good trail runs in before we get pissed on.

Last edited:
I know they are calling for rain late on Saturday and that's the good news as we will have a great day on Saturday. Just to give an illustration of how weather moves and misses. Yesterday the forecast from the weather heads said there was a 70% chance of rain in Waterloo (where the park is) and we got no rain just fog. So just because it poured by you does not mean it rained here. I had several calls yesterday thinking we would be swamped. We are bone dry going into today and Saturday Morning. If it rains late, they say it should be over Sunday morning. If you are in doubt call 864 449 5698