2 link set-up?

was recently doing some research into 3links and radius arm sets for my SAS and came a across a few people talkin about a 2link its apparently a single link on 1 side and a radius arm on the other. simple and easy to find room for like a radius arm but susposedly flexes like a 3link? anyone ever run one of these or know anything more about them?

never heard it called a 2-link before, but thats what we did on casey's jeep, and I think thats what they are running on ronnies as well.

flexes great, but has the same wheel hop issues as a typical radius arm. But on the plus side it doesnt wear out bushings like a typical radius arm.

ok cool i have to take a look at theirs sometime.i asked because i want a 3/4link but until i can get the the parts together and get the truck torn down im not sure how much room there will be for a 3/4link with a center drop tcase goin to a driver drop full width axle under a mini truck.

Why not run a different case like a samurai case since its divorced, it would allow you to run case gears as well youd just need to find a PSD axle.

I ran that on my jeep for a little while, untill I switched to a true 3 link. It flexed just fine, but like Brooks just said to get rid of the wheel hop.
DeMarcus, do you think this would be OK on my setup? Just running the Pass Side RE arm with an upper? When I built my axle I placed the driver upper bracket on the truss at the wrong angle and it eats bushings in one trip due to the binding angle of mount. Seems scetchy with that heavy *** axle but that might not make a difference. Explain the wheel hop, is it just on side without upper?

fix the upper mount, if you are running a 3 link now, don't go to a crappier design. Just weld a new mount on the truss thats right.

Yeah, that would be fine, if you do remove the drivers side you will need to put a hiem joint on both ends of the upper you leave in if its bushings. The one bushing cant control axle wrap.

Why not run a different case like a samurai case since its divorced, it would allow you to run case gears as well youd just need to find a PSD axle.
why spend money when i dont need to? it sits higher than a yota case and is plenty strong. if i do case gears then i doubt the 1/2tons would hold 37s for long which would mean more money spent on tons, which would then have to be PSD instead of which ever was cheaper or better. if i ever decided to run something like that i would swap an EFI 2.4L, a 5sp, and a TX10 case(which has gears if you have the money) combo in since its about the same size as current and throw my then spare divorced case behind it

Samurai divorce cases are cheap as dirt and you can find them with case gears easy. That thing is going to be a slug im sure, with how the samurai cases are, the case gears effect the high range too which is how samurai actually can move with anything over 28's. If it hangs it isnt very much and you could tuck it flat i'm sure. BUT, suit yourself.

i figure 37s wouldnt break a chromo 31 spline with the ragged out z24 thats currently in the truck but with a ka24 efi engine that can push almost 200ft-lb with a mild cam and some porting and polishing i would be close. as for the sami case even if i could get one cheap i want to try and keep as much nissan on the truck as i can. ive seen lots of "yotas" with a 60/14b and a chevy drivetrain and thats not really what im goin for. either way i dont think it will be a slug once its got decent axle gears in it and i can work on the 250k+ 4 banger its got.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Samurai divorce cases are cheap as dirt and you can find them with case gears easy. That thing is going to be a slug im sure, with how the samurai cases are, the case gears effect the high range too which is how samurai actually can move with anything over 28's. If it hangs it isnt very much and you could tuck it flat i'm sure. BUT, suit yourself.
If you find one of these "cheap as dirt" sami cases let me know... Geared cases go for $600 easily, and its hard to find a good condition stock case for less than $150-$200... I have one spare that I'm holding out for a set of 6.5 gears and install the twin sticks I already have.

You better go with 5.38s for sure then. You talking bout a ka24 out of a 240 or a hardbody? A sr20 or w rb25 would be sick.
sure am! an sr is do-able but a ka24 from a hardbody is almost a direct bolt-in with the exception of the wiring that would be needed.

goin back to the suspension, on a a set-up like this whats ideal? do the links need to be straight or can they angle out towards the tires? should a bushing be used on both links? is it better to have the bushing at the axle or at the frame?