usa standard gears from jeffs bronco graveyard?

recently got offered a super cheap 9in from a buddy at school and im looking to see how much itll cost to get it set up for the 720, found a set of new 5.13s on jeffs bronco graveyard for $153.66. theyre made by USA standard gear, which ive never heard off before. my question is are these decent gears and does anyone have personal experience with them?

thanks! i did some research today and USA standard is the company that makes spartans and ive heard lotsa good stuff about those. once i get this 9in ill have to seriously consider them.

7.17s? i dont think so. yota guys pull off 37s with 5.29s so being that i have a similar weight truck w/ a 4banger i was thinkin something in the 5:1 range would do the trick. i plan to drive in on the street occasionally and mabye to gulches or URE so lower than 5.38s is to slow.

steve, ive seen the ones on NC4x4 im gonna hold off on the 44 for awhile but im gonna snag the 9 since im gettin it for $50.

7.17s? i dont think so. yota guys pull off 37s with 5.29s so being that i have a similar weight truck w/ a 4banger i was thinkin something in the 5:1 range would do the trick. i plan to drive in on the street occasionally and mabye to gulches or URE so lower than 5.38s is to slow.

steve, ive seen the ones on NC4x4 im gonna hold off on the 44 for awhile but im gonna snag the 9 since im gettin it for $50.
I was just kidding. I had 5.29's and dual cases with 35,36,37 and 38's. And that's all the gear you will ever need. I have 7.17's in my one tons but that's just because they were already in my D70 and I found a set for my d60 cheap. Ill Probly swap to 5.38's one day.

That 9" big bearing?

7.17 seems crazy low. You dont like it dean? I think that's what dale had in his 2.5 tj. You could probably sell the gears themselves to pay for new gears and then some from what I remember 7.17 costing.

That 9" big bearing?

7.17 seems crazy low. You dont like it dean? I think that's what dale had in his 2.5 tj. You could probably sell the gears themselves to pay for new gears and then some from what I remember 7.17 costing.
I like them, with the 4.3 vortec and automatic I didn't have a problem. But I didn't drive fast either. With the supercharged 3.8 in the buggy I plan on going just alittle faster. 7.17 are industrial use only and are straight cut gears what ever that means and they naturally roar. I wanna hear that supercharger more than gears.

i figured you were kidding but i was just clarifying. im not sure on everything about the 9in i just talked to him about it today but ill let you know once i find out. i do know the spider gears are destroyed, but ill just throw a spool and gears in and roll so thats no prob. hes got a bronco so im assuming/hoping its outta the bronco which would make it big bearing and 31 spline.