fox 2.5 air shock

anybody out there running or have ran the fox 2.5 air shock? i am thinking of buying some for my jeep when i do the 4 link convertion. any feed back would be great

Fox is a good brand, and the 2.5's will be better than the 2.0's, but they still won't be as good as a coilover. If the rig sees a lot of road use I would try to spend the few extra bucks for the coilovers, but if it's offroad only the air shocks will be fine.

my cj is strickly off road, i just want to get the best bang for my buck. i know the coilovers are heavier duty, but they are $500 more than the 18" travel air shock. just dont know what i want to go with, i know i dont want to spend $700 for airshock and then find out they are junk.

I've never heard of someone putting Coilovers on there rig and regretting it, and also never heard of someone putting airshocks and liking them. Airshocks seem to work on a light weight buggy but anything more they tend to suck. I had a set of fox 2.0 16" i was going to run but sold them after reading a lot of negatives about them.

Air shocks will be just fine on an offroad only rig. I have ridden in and drove plenty and they work fine. The coilovers will have the ability to work better if you take the time and tune them properly, but most don't do this. Also I have never seen a rig that has the need for 18" travel shocks they are not needed.

Coilovers will be easier to tune than airshocks. Your looking at 2.5'' airshocks so you could be in a set of 2.0 coilovers for around the same money maybe just a little more. Valving and spring rates are easily tunable on coilovers. On the air shocks you will have to experiment with different oil weights and different amounts of oil to get it to act right. I just don't have the patience for them or the time.

Buds 2.5 airshocks were horrible on his TJ but we didn't do any tuning. Supposedly they were tuned for his application but I think they were just however Fox standard tunes their stuff. They were like riding on blocks of wood. I'm sure they could have been better though.