Anyone going through Asheville this week or weekend?

Brooks,

Have you checked to see what USPS would charge for shipping? I sent a bikini/duster and header bar up to Spartanburg and it was under $20. If you aren't going to use the Rockhill source, send me their info I am always on the look out for a spare set of Rubicon flares.

I just shipped my 6" warn flares... it was $80 to ship the four flares to CT. and it was a pain to box them up. The rockhill flares sold.

$80! Holy crap! That was using the US postal service? Wow, I ran into that kinda of price when I went to UPS, when I went over to the post office it was a 1/4 of the price.

Make a trip out of it with the wife, and while your at it get the gas tank and skid from the side of my house. Might even throw in a helmet for you.

USPS is typically cheaper than UPS and FedEx if USPS will take the package. UPS and FedEx have better tracking.

Ever tried shipping with Greyhound? If you aren't in a hurry you can ship pretty cheaply from bus terminal to bus terminal. I had a FJ55 front fender shipped to me for pretty cheap IIRC. Watch out though as Greyhound charges for storage even after they tell ya "we don't have the package yet."

USPS is typically cheaper than UPS and FedEx if USPS will take the package. UPS and FedEx have better tracking.

Ever tried shipping with Greyhound? If you aren't in a hurry you can ship pretty cheaply from bus terminal to bus terminal. I had a FJ55 front fender shipped to me for pretty cheap IIRC. Watch out though as Greyhound charges for storage even after they tell ya "we don't have the package yet."
it all depends on what the seller wants to do.

the reason I shipped my flares UPS was because the seller was willing to pay shipping, and I feel like UPS tracking is more reliable. I shipped them monday and they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning.