New guy from the upstate doobfucious

What's up yall?

My name is David, I'm finally getting back into the offroad world after 5 subarus (one of which i lifted and put dynapro MTs on.)

Now I have a 99 TJ, 4.0, AX15, 93k. I picked it up with a 3" body lift and and 33x12.50 Procomp ATs on 15x10 american racing wheels. I got rid of the BL, now it has a 4" RC short arm, front sway bar disconnects, extended stainless brake lines, AASYE & TW drive shaft, Rusty's rear upper adjustable control arms, smittybilt SRC bumpers F&R. I have some other bits to put on like 2 pair of hellas, bump stops, some audio to do and some other interior dress up bits. I did the big stuff first. All but finding the D44, that's proving to be as big of a pain as i expected it to be. I'm going to ditch the wheels this week in favor of some simple and cheap 15x8 Black Rock 997 wheels (like soft 8s, but they have black center caps) and have a full size spare.

I'm sure i've forgotten stuff, but that's i've got for now. About me- nothing really to say other than I've been to Uwharrie once in my ZR2 some years back with the S10-Extremist.org guys but that was in 2003? I grew up in WNC, and know a few trails and some places around Hendersonville & Brevard, NC but nothing in SC. I'm not into mud or hardcore crawling so much, i like technical trails, even better if they have a reward like a view or something special in that it can only be accessed by able vehicle. I'll mostly lurk but I'm always up for buying/selling/trading and once I upgrade the rear axle, wheeling when i have time off. Here's a couple shots from today, the one and only time I'm going to wheel it with the open D35:

2011-11-09_12-14-24_631.jpg

2011-11-09_13-10-55_738.jpg

2011-11-09_13-13-33_5.jpg

I hope that'll do for an introduction, see yall around.

Welcome to OffroadSC!!

No worries with the open 35 on 33s if you don't drive like a duma$$. I wheeled tellico, uwharrie, river rock, Gulches etc. With a 35. You'll be fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome and the vote of confidence on the D35, I'm still paranoid as hell after watching my friend snap his on wet pavement. i work at the local German car mill.

yup rolling 33s on the ole tirdy five with built v8!!! hes right if your not a complete jackass it will hold up just fine!!!! just dont let it get into a jumpy high torque situation... i can light the tires up on dry pavement if i wanna but its a huge gamble when i do it! Welcome!!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Welcome David. I'm in Greenville myself. And don't let the d35 stop you from having fun. I went out with the MCJ crew most everything in my jeep was pretty much stock on 31's. They helped me make the right decisions and like everyone says, just don't be stupid. Whenever it starts hoppin' time to let off. You been to Gulches? You could play around there without having to worry too much. And if you do tear it up, no biggie, there are plenty of people (like myself) that has a complete d30 & d35 stock sitting in my garage.