heim jointed ford radius arms?

ive started planning and researching for the SAS on my 720 and had an idea for the front, i know ill run 63s in the rear and a spooled 9in, for the front im thinking hp44 w/ stock radius arms.

my questions for the radius arms are how hard would it be to cut of the ends weld on maybe 8in of DOM and put heim joint at the end of the arms.

also what would be the plus and minus of this? will it be unstable? will i have basically turned said radius arms into a 3link? will it flex better than say a stock or even wristed arm set up?

thanks for any info yall can provide.

thats what ive seen researchin it but im tryin to be cheap and could snag a cast wedge 44 cheaper than a welded one. would i be stuck with the factory caster with the ford arms?

thats what ive seen researchin it but im tryin to be cheap and could snag a cast wedge 44 cheaper than a welded one. would i be stuck with the factory caster with the ford arms?
you can buy different caster bushings, but at that point you would be cheaper finding a welded wedge 44. If you keep it low enough you could do the ford arms and have decent caster. The arms have to be dam near parallel to the ground.

Do a true 3 link if you can. Only reason i did the 3-link radius arm/wristed radius was becasue i was trying to limit the amount of welding i had to the unibody. With a radius arm set up you'll get alot of wheel hop when you're in the trottle climbing and thats no good. no real way around it, good shocks help and a suck down winch would probably cover most of it up but i think the extra work to do a true 3 link would be worth it.

but if your set on doing a radius arm style, get a weld on c 44 so you can cut them off and build your own mount and arms that allow you to make adjustmens. you can take a look at mine. simple and it flexs fine.

ok so a 3link would be best then i guess. i was mostly thinkin about how easy the ford arms would be to mod/use but with the different bushings and all i guess its not as cheap or as simple as i originally thought.