Recent Tellico Pics

I drove thru trail 1 yesterday, they have really ****ed it up. As your traveling from n.c to tenn. they have logged the mountain below the trail & the switchbacks have been made twice as large just to get heavy equipment down there to build another larger switchback down at the creek. Basicly the whole side of the mountain is bulldozed and washing into the creek every time it rains. below are some pics we took while there

n.c paystation
DSC09867.jpg

logging @trail 4
DSC09837.jpg

switchback mess
DSC09819.jpg
DSC09808.jpg
DSC09805.jpg
DSC09783.jpg

below they bulldozed logging debri off the side of the trail ,then dumped gravel to make the road wider
DSC09791.jpg
DSC09788.jpg
from pirate4x4

heres a watercrossing they built just before the switchbacks. looks like something that could be in a gated community

DSC09844.jpg

about a 1/4 mile up upper 2 they removed the trail. only reason they left what they did was to access logging
DSC09849.jpg

We stopped by to see chuck on the way out
DSC09881.jpg
from pirate4x4

i kept saying this years ago when everybody was blaming TU. TU was just their excuse. Heres my quote from pirate when all this started back in 08 with the proposd slickrock and peckerwood closings..
i think land developers are behind this....they dont have money to fix trails but they have money to pave all of trail 1? i call bull there is a reason they want it paved and like was said before there is a reason that bridge is so big

i kept saying this years ago when everybody was blaming TU. TU was just their excuse. Heres my quote from pirate when all this started back in 08 with the proposd slickrock and peckerwood closings..

Ding ding ding ding, We have a winner!

My Wife and I said the same thing when we made our last trip up there. It was right before the housing market crash and every square inch of mountain property around Murphy was selling for high dollars. When the whole TU thing went down we thought it was way too much of a coincident. I bet when the market crashed there were a whole bunch of empty pockets wishing they still had the revenue from the wheel'n crowd.

yeah it went in this order: powerlines, for sale signs, and then TU. I wonder if that motorhome is stll chillin on the side of the mountain

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It's no mystery. Whenever you wonder why something is happening it can always be traced back to money at some point. Greed is always the motivator. There is a good and a bad here though. The greedy party in this deal got their butts kicked due to bad timing (the good). But the properly will now just sit there for many years with nobody enjoying it (the bad). The really bad is that I can guarantee you that in some social circle somewhere, the wheeling community is getting blamed for screwing up someone's fortune because if they would have been a year or two earlier there would have been a ton of money made. Oh wait, that doesn't sound really bad at all. Screw 'em!