advancedtj

hey all my name is josh im in the united states air force located at shaw. I drive a silver tj which has a bunch of random parts on it that i fix on a regular

02 tj 6in lift (a little rustys a little skyjacker a little teraflex)
dana 30/44
one off bumper built by Lance (burgandy JK, if he ever joins)
looking to build a cage and bumper soon and install some lockers if the wife lets me

2011-01-21132903.jpg
2010-09-18140532.jpg

Last edited:
Its on there. I'm kinda bummed tho. i can't add a swing to it. "grease monkey"i can't remember his real name, doesn't think its a good idea I want to have him build me a while new one and sell this one to try and help pay for it. Is he on here yet? His box is full on usjeeps.

yeah it doesn't look to sturdy nor does it look like it will bolt on to the bottom of the angle on the bumper. Does 500 seem reasonable for a bumper build with swing.

Jeff (Grease Monkey) built my rear swing out for me. Very happy with it. Didnt even know it was there while bouncing around at gulches last weekend.

Well I'm kinds tight on cash so I hope he can work work me. If anyone knows someone who needs a warn style rear bumper let me know. I can't remember what I paid the yellow rubi. But new there like 275 so..... Would 200 be out of question? Ne ways I'm gonna post it up on here. Looks like lockers and tres are gonna have to wait.

id stay away from "budget" beadlocks if you drive it on the road often. I think they are a bigger pain in the butt then they are worth. They wont balance, mud gets in behind them, and alot of weld on ones leak down. Not all but a good many. If you are set on beadlocks i'd get some stauns or some nice aluminum ones. Ive run very low tires pressures for a few years and have never blown a bead. on my mt/rs i ran 4 in the back and 6 in the front and on my km2s i run 6 and 8. However i am always dealing with trash in the bead.

So you air down that far without bead locks and dont break a bead?i have some nice aluminium rims I would love to weld lock plates onto but I can't weld not know anyone who would do it with confidence

yeah, 01tj on here runs some pretty low pressures in his as well with success. He blew on bead on his grapplers but he was yeehawing it pretty good and if memory serves he had already burped some air and it was really low. Do you drive your jeep a good bit on the road?

Every day. I was looking into a set of km2s and going to bead locks. But if I can run them that low and not have any worries ill just sell my bfg at KOs and go to km2s and not worrie about it. I like my pacer rims anyways

i wouldnt worry about it. You have really got to be doing something serious to justify them. Im running a 12.50 on an 8 inch wide rim. The narrower the rim the harder it holds on to that tire. I like my km2s pretty well they are ok on the street and sticky on the trail.