Harlan, KY October 6-9

Well it was a last minute trip for me. Went up with George and Jeb. Had a great time. Trails were great as most were pretty dry. We ran or attempted about everything on the mountain I think. Last ledge on Your Turn has made the trail be renamed to U-turn. White-tail was closed, that sucked. Big Perm proved once again to be all of our nemisis. Never really asked anyone why. Spent about 3 hours at Lions Den saturday due to a guy in a Rockwell Jeep hitting every line but the right one. Thus ending in him being on his lid at the end. We had very little breakage in the group. One 60 stub shaft all weekend. Everyone about flipped over atleast once. Very little winch cable was pulled. We had plenty of trail side food out of the cooker. Had a few dozen adult beverages. Overall a great trip!

We stayed on the Putney side of the mountain and FAWK that!!!! Never, never, never, ever again. It took us about 30-40 minutes (it seemed) to get to the side of the mountain with all the real trails.

We have some pictures, hopefully George will post them up.

I didnt take a pic all weekend, Chevis took bout 90 pics. I couldnt find a place to set my beverage down, we have to wait on him or Nelson.

Putney side sux! Takes 45min to get to any trails, no gas/food close by.

I didnt take a pic all weekend, Chevis took bout 90 pics. I couldnt find a place to set my beverage down, we have to wait on him or Nelson.

Putney side sux! Takes 45min to get to any trails, no gas/food close by.
Its also impossible in the snow/ice to get to the other side.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Nice. Looks like a lot of fun. Never been up there myself. Hope our club makes a trip in the coming years. Any problems while up there?

What do you mean by problems exactly? We have been 4 or 5 times I think. Know the mountain pretty well. It's well marked now so it's pretty easy to get around.

Last edited:
Jeb broke d/s stub shaft, Matt rear calipers had to be tightened up , my left front axle seal is poring (may hav a cracked longfeild?), Chevis keeped hitting his head on cage. Thats about all I can think of this trip other than body damage to runner.