Mini-Beep

Totally could build this for under a grand if you sourced the materials yourself....plans are $40 bucks and you can cut you rown plywood. Engines are a dime a dozen since it is only looking at a 6.5hp 200 cc 9lb torque engine..Tranny is all you need that you cant get on your own...

hahaha...yeah...I thought of that two...It couldnt be too hard to do, but would require some ingenuity since the engine is in the rear left corner...

mount the engine under the seat and make the trasmission chain drive a shaft (aka transfer case) and have yokes to short driveshafts to the axles.

How hard would it be to install leaf on that...I would think you would have to just plate the floor and fab a mount to the plate....This could be an interesting project with enough time, or interest for the club...

it would be very hard to do as a "club" i mean yeah lots of people could help, but it would have to be owned by someone. If it were me i would build a steel frame and make everything then skin a body with sheet metal or aluminum or thin wood, no need to make the body out of wood.

I think they did that for flotation purposes and traction?? That and it is easier to sell as a kit that anyone can do.....