Window Tint

I stoped at Solar Solutions today to get a price on tinting the windows of the heep and they said $180 for 20% for the doors and the hard top. They also said something about tinting the windshield for another $50. I have BAD migranes driving for a long distance I end up getting them so I am thinking about haveing it done. But how bad will it affect night riding at 20%? Has anyone had there windshield done? If so how is it at night?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
By law, I do believe the limit on the front windows (driver and passenger) is 5%. You can do 20% in the back, I think. I have never seen anyone tint the windshield. Except for the top 6 inches. I don't even know if that is legal. I definitely would not do 20% on the windshield.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Legal in SC is 27% any window except windshield, no tint allowed on windshield except top 6 inches. That being said, they will do whatever you want they just won't put their name on it and you have to pay cash. They do top notch work, I recommend them to anybody that asks.

They did 27% all around (not windshield) on my Si and it is really nice.

They did 20% on the front two windows to match factory privacy glass on my tow rig and its a little dark for me at night. You'll see me with the side Windows down at night to see where I'm turning.

They did 27% on the front windows of my wife's car (which has 20% factory privacy glass on the back) and it looks good.

Others NOT done by Solar Solutions:
I have a friend that did 50% on his windshield. I haven't been in it at night but I think it would be too dark for me. He runs HIDS to make up for it...

I had a friend back in the day that did double layer 5% all around on his S10... Couldn't see a thing out of it... His sister got pulled in it and got out of a fine because she cried to the cop and said it was her brother's.

Last edited:
My front winshield is tinted 20%. I work night shift and its not bad you get used to it. I dont know how the cops are where you live but ive had it on for about 2 years and no one has ever said anything to me. here is a pick of it. ry%3D400.jpg

My wifes xterra had 70% on the front. It wasnt dark but it did knock the glare off. ry%3D400.jpg

Last edited:
I was always told you can vet a prescription from an optimologist to have however dark you want...including the windshield. You would have to know the optometrist well though I would think...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

To clear up to law thing I am a disabled vet I so I am going tomorrow to get the letter from my Dr. which will let me go 2.5% if I want I was just wondering about the issue with the night rides if it would be a problem... Thanks for the input... I think im going to go with 20% all around and 27% on the windshield that will put the back ones around 10% and the the driver and passenger around 15%...

I stoped at Solar Solutions today to get a price on tinting the windows of the heep and they said $180 for 20% for the doors and the hard top. They also said something about tinting the windshield for another $50. I have BAD migranes driving for a long distance I end up getting them so I am thinking about haveing it done. But how bad will it affect night riding at 20%? Has anyone had there windshield done? If so how is it at night?
I wouldn't tint the windshield it you can help it. It sucks at night. Been there, done that. I don't get migraines but my eyes are very sensitive to the sun with my contacts. With a prescription you do about anything but it truly sucks at night.

As far as the laws: you can only tint the top 6" of the windshield. You can do your driver and passenger front windows to 27% and anything in the rear to 5% limo tint. I did that on my Rover and my XJ and it made a world of difference.