Latch/hinge suppliers?

Is there somewhere in the area that carries a good variety of these? I'm looking for hinges to use on a custom tailgate I'm building but not sure where to look. I've searched the junkyards and haven't really found anything that would work. Also looking for a latch assembly of some sort. Something similar to the old military vehicles.

for the hinge you could do anything from a door hinge to a gate hinge, what kind of hinge are you looking for.

for the latch, are you looking for a slam latch? or like a clamp latch?

I need hinges to mount to the bottom and allow the gate to swing down. Clamp type latch would be ideal. I think the slam latch would be a little to complicated being that I would need to install a handle into the gate.

I want something like this but feel as though I could find the similar parts elsewhere.
http://www.swagoffroad.com/YJ_Tail_Gate.html
I do like the latch design.

That is a small latch. The 330 series is a more sizable latch. I use 334 or 344R. DES-ta-co makes compression latches as well. All of it is great, and super strong.

Well I'm looking to use two of them. The dimensions of the gate are going to be around 17" tall by 34" wide, a little over 1" thick, 1/8" plate backing with 16 gauge rectangle tube reinforcing ribs. The overall weight should be roughly 8 lbs including LED lights and tag mount which will be built in. So it's not going to be crazy heavy or be under a lot of stress. It'll get used more as a fold out table than anything.