Southeast Overland Amsteel Blue and Recovery Gear Group Buy

We had numerous people ask us to have a Group Buy on Southeast Overland Amsteel Blue products so here you go! We have also included all of our recovery gear because we can often fit extra gear in a winch line box so why not? One of our perks is free shipping and shipping heavy D shackles and 2" receiver brackets are expensive so I'm trying to get everyone the best value possible.

Here is the basic dealeo.

The Group Buy will run until the end of October, 2011.
All orders $250 or more receive free shipping from the start.
UPDATE: 10% off everything. This is in addition to free shipping on orders of $250 or more.

Prices
Amsteel Blue Winch Lines with captive tube thimble - line made and assembled in the USA
5/16" x 100' $ 219
5/16" x 125' $ 259
5/16" x 150' $ 299
3/8" x 85' $ 249
3/8” x 100’ $ 289
3/8” x 125’ $ 349
Add a sling hook for $40 or a safety hook for $65
3/8" = 17,600 lbs & 5/16" = 12,300 lbs min break strength

Amsteel Blue Winch Line Extensions with two captive tube thimbles - line made and assembled in the USA
5/16" x 50' $ 149
5/16" x 100' $ 239
3/8" x 50' $ 169
3/8" x 100' $ 319
Add a sling hook for $40 or a safety hook for $65

Amsteel Blue Winch Suck Down Winch Lines with captive tube thimble - line made and assembled in the USA
3/8" x 14' $ 89
3/8" x 20' $ 109
1/2" x 14' $ 109
1/2" x 20' $ 139

Recovery Ropes - made in the USA
Come with 2 eye abrasion guards and 1 body abrasion guard
7/8" x 20' $ 89
7/8” x 30’ $ 109
1" x 20' $ 99
1" x 30' $ 119
7/8" = 24,700 lbs & 1" = 36,000 lbs avg break strength

Tow Straps and Tree Savers - made in the USA
2" x 20' $39
3" x 6' $29
2" = 20,000 lbs & 3" = 30,000 lbs avg break strength
Doubled and twisted loops to allow for easier attachment.
Nylon and abrasion resistant, more so than typical yellow straps.
Straps have red indicator strands sewn into their length. If you see these it is time to retire your straps. Now other things can make you have to retire your strap earlier like frayed thread where ends are stitched - but most straps don't offer the red indicator strands.

Accessories
ARB 7000 Snatch Block, 30,000 break strength $89
3/4” Van Beest Green Pin D shackle (Netherlands) 4 ¾ T WLL, 62,000 avg break strength $ 24
2” receiver bracket for D shackle (USA) 20,000 lbs avg break $ 54
2” receiver bracket with ¾” Van Beest Green Pin D shackle $ 76
10’ abrasion guard custom printed ‘SOUTHEAST OVERLAND’ $ 15
3/8” truck hook $ 40
Amsteel Blue Dog Leashes ¼” $22 5/16” $ 26
Amsteel Blue Winch Safety Leads $ 15

Please Note:

All lines come in ORANGE by default.
All winch lines comes with a 10' length of black abrasion guard printed 'SOUTHEAST OVERLAND' plus a 10' length of heat wrap.
Southeast Overland only uses fully captive, tube thimbles and not open/non-captive thimbles.
Lines, extensions, and some other merchandise will be made to order. Once the Group Buy is closed I will take payment from everyone based off the volume ordered which will determine the total discounts. Payments can be made by PayPal invoice, or credit card, or check. Checks must clear before merchandise will be mailed.
Necessary line and hardware not in stock will be ordered and once merchandise is received all products will be manufactured. Expected delivery time from close of the Group Buy to arrival on your door step should be under 4 weeks but if ordered merchandise is not in stock this might take longer.
Custom splicing, lengths, and diameters are available.

Pics of Products

5/16" x 100' Amsteel Blue winch line with hook

Recovery rope

Tow and Tree Straps

2" Receiver bracket with 3/4" Van Beest Green Pin D shackle

Winch Safety Lead

Amsteel Blue Dog Leash in 5/16", 1/4" also available

SOUTHEAST OVERLAND abrasion guard

More information and pictures are available on the Southeast Overland web store HERE.

Thank you very much to everyone who asked for this Group Buy and especially everyone who orders. If there is any other recovery gear you want that is not listed here please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

SOLD
3/8 @ 4
dog leashes @ 2, diameter?
2x20 strap @ 1

Last edited:
And if anyone said in the 'feeler' thread that you wanted a winch line, please confirm here. I know people change their minds and I don't want to pull over anyone's request from the previous thread and make them think I'm speaking for them.

Thanks!

Already had a good question come in. If you are local and can pick up your gear from my shop when I'm in then instead of getting free shipping I'll offer an additional $10 off your total.

Once the 6 person mark has been reached, is the 10% off mentioned in addition to prices shown in the list in the thread?
Yes, prices shown are MSRP. Once the 6 line mark is hit per diameter then an extra 10% off is given. You automatically get free shipping on any orders $250 or more, or if you pick up at the store you get $10 off instead of free shipping since I don't have to pay shipping.

Thanks!

I may be in for one more 85 x 3/8" on an m8000.
Sweet! That is the line I have on my M8000 but with a hook. I recommend adding the spliced hook. It only adds $40 and a quality D shackle like a Van Beest Green Pin is $24. I used to run a D shackle but love my hook now.

Here are a couple of pics of my Southeast Overland 3/8" x 85' Amsteel Blue line with hook getting a work out last Sunday at Snowbird. I had to first winch myself up to a rescue/recovery point. I thought I was gonna flop when I tried to get up a steep climb to get into position and with the rear locked started sliding waaaay to fast backwards. I had to take awhile to realign, then winch off a buggy that was already at the top. Once I got into position I pulled a 100-Series Cruiser straight that almost made it to the top on its own (pretty impressive) and a dual locked Wrangler that made it the first time but not the second when he got hung up on a stump.

I didn't exactly have a level winching point.

The abrasion guard worked perfectly. It stayed on the rock and allowed the line to slide through it as I winched.

is that something you could put a D-Shackle through?
Yes. Van Beest Green Pin shackles retail for $24 but with this Group Buy they have the same discounts/perks as the winch lines. Free shipping off the top and once 6 of the same diameter winch lines are sold you get 10% off.

The Van Beest Green Pin shackles have a 4.75 T WLL but a 6:1 safety factor where as many less expensive (Chinese) shackles have poorer alloys/metals and only a 3:1 or 4:1 at best safety factor. That puts the average breaking strength of the Van Beests at 62,000 lbs.

As requested here is a pic of our Southeast Overland tow straps and tree straps.

Tow straps are 2" x 20', rated to 20,000 lbs, with reinforced eyes and an abrasion resistant black edge.

Tree straps are 3" x 6', rated to 30,000 lbs, and also with reinforced eyes and an abrasion resistant black edge.

Totally forgot to add a point about the tow and tree straps.

Straps have red indicator strands sewn into their length. If you see these it is time to retire your straps. Now other things can make you have to retire your strap earlier like frayed thread where ends are stitched - but most straps don't offer the red indicator strands.

How much for the tree strap?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
The tree strap is $29. If you put it with an order of $250 or more you get free shipping. Once we sell 6 of any 1 diameter winch line then I'll toss in the extra 10% off on the tree strap too. If you can pick up in Seneca at my store then you don't have to worry about any shipping even on a small order.

Thanks!

OK - here is some info on snatch blocks.

I can offer the ARB Snatch Block 7000 at MSRP of $89. What is nice about this snatch block is the side plates sit flush against the pulley so you don't have to worry about your synthetic line getting pinched between the pulley and side plate. It also has a grease zerk and is rated to 30,000 lbs. Works with line sizes from 1/4" to 1/2". A 5" pulley diameter will work well with Amsteel Blue line. You can NOT use Technora line with this pulley.

Include this with any order of $250 or more and get free shipping. If we hit 6 recovery lines of any 1 diameter then everyone gets 10% off everything they order.

SnatchBlock_arb209_LRG.jpg

I just clarified something in the product description. For the winch lines, winch line extensions and suck down winch lines the line is made in the US by Samson (Amsteel Blue). The products are assembled in the US and the hooks are Excel, made by Van Beest, and produced in the Netherlands.

Last edited: