GR8TOPS introduces the Exogate HD tire carrier for TJ/LJ Wrangler

GR8TOPS Introduces the Exogate HD Tire Carrier

Introducing the Exogate heavy-duty tailgate reinforcement for carrying oversize spare tires on TJs and LJs.

No other spare tire carrier on the market can match the value and features delivered by the Exogate, check out this list of features:

- No drilling required, can be removed to return Jeep to stock leaving no holes or other damage to Jeep
- Multiple tire carrier mounting positions
- Greasable and rebuildable hinges with bronze bushings
- Nothing to rattle
- Swings with tailgate, no additional latches
- Retains stock look of Jeep
- Minimal impact on departure angle/overhang
- Virtually no limitation on bumper options
- Much lighter in weight than most other options for mounting large spares
- Zinc-dipped before powdercoating for superior corrosion protection
- Made in the USA

The Exogate kit is $385 plus shipping.

Here’s some photos from one of the test units that has been serving to secure a 315/75 spare on one of our LJs.

For more details and to see how the Exogate mounts, you can review our installation instructions

You can order your Exogate here: GR8TOPS Exogate kit

Check out our Facebook page and “like” us, we have posted a discount code good for $20 off of the kit price on our page (www.facebook.com/gr8tops) for everyone who likes us. The code is good until 10/5/11.

http://www.gr8tops.com
http://www.facebook.com/

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
On a TJ, how big of a tire would I be able to put on it. It appears that it enables you to mount the stock carrier in a higher position. Will this enable me to mount my 35's without it hitting the rear bumper?

On a TJ, how big of a tire would I be able to put on it. It appears that it enables you to mount the stock carrier in a higher position. Will this enable me to mount my 35's without it hitting the rear bumper?
Yes it will allow you to run a 35" spare and clear the rear bumper. If you go to the link and look at the pics, the silver LJ is running a 315/75 spare on the exogate.

Yep, a 35 should work fine.

There are two general types of corner guards on the market - those with cutouts for the hinges, and those with no cutouts where the hinges go on top of the guards and then there are matching pieces of plate to raise the hinges on the tailgate (Saavy is one of these).

For the Saavy type, with no cutouts, all you need to do is make a spacer plate for the Exogate frame on the tailgate.

For the cutout type, it's a little more complicated, since the Exogate riser blocks are wider than the factory hinge bases. The Exogate riser blocks are the same height top to bottom as the factory hinges so they'll fit in the cutouts vertically, but since they're wider they won't fit in the cutouts horizontally.

There are two solutions:

1. put a spacer plate in the cutouts and then proceed as in the no-cutout case.

2. make the cutouts in the guards wider but cutting the guards.

ALSO .. FYI.. a discount code available on the facebook page if you poke around a bit.

http://www.facebook.com/gr8tops

How long is the factory bracket gonna withstand the heavier load?
I will assure you that a 33(and maybe a 31 in some cases) and up will flex a stock mount and/or tailgate brackets immediately. Hitting bumps causes it to flex and when you have your tailgate open it will flex very easily(as in 2-3" of deflection).