This is seriously F***D up

THIS IS INTERESTING AND SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T AND WON'T
SEE ON THE EVENING NEWS.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2011

George Washington statue is hidden at the MLK rally

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting
twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse.
Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington.
This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the father of our country
from view so that participants would not be 'offended' by his presence.
I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw this picture of the MLK Day rally in Columbia, South Carolina.

This rally was sponsored by the NAACP and they said that they covered the statue because they

"didn't want to offend anyone". Really? George Washington is the father of this nation.

How is he offensive to anyone?

Can you imagine what would happen if we covered the statue of Dr. Martin L. King on President's Day?

or is only the statue of a 'white guy' offensive ??
Of course, this display of anti-Americanism wasn't covered at all by the
national media (surprise, surprise !!), and the local paper in Columbia only
ran a short piece on it.

Attachments

thats amazing that they think its ok do to that. Wonder how they would react if a black statue was covered on ANY day... can you say boycott...thats their favorite thing to do.

And I thought the NAACP had a boycot against SC in place since 1999. They still come here and spread their racist rants and spend their money here.

The NAACP is crazy and should take a few history classes. Of all the men who were president while slavery was still legal, I would argue that Washington cared for his slaves the best.
"By 1794 as he contemplated retirement Washington began organizing his affairs so that he could free all the slaves he owned outright in his will.[182] He did so. His will provided they be freed when Martha died, but she freed them 12 months after his death. Chernow says, "By freeing his slaves Washington accomplished....what no other founding father dared to do. He brought the American experience that much closer to the ideals of the American revolution."[183]"

The NAACP is crazy and should take a few history classes. Of all the men who were president while slavery was still legal, I would argue that Washington cared for his slaves the best.
"By 1794 as he contemplated retirement Washington began organizing his affairs so that he could free all the slaves he owned outright in his will.[182] He did so. His will provided they be freed when Martha died, but she freed them 12 months after his death. Chernow says, "By freeing his slaves Washington accomplished....what no other founding father dared to do. He brought the American experience that much closer to the ideals of the American revolution."[183]"
Unfortunately the word "care", "best", and "slavery" do not belong in the same sentence legal or not. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

P.S.-I think the NAACP are terrorists and the biggest racists in modern times.