CU Offroad URE Trip RECAP

Well, as usual, had an awesome trip! Full of wheelin and shennigans. We had a great turn out. Good mixture of new and old guys. After we all got there friday night and set up camp, we loaded back up and did some night wheelin up kodak rock. Saturday, We ran rocky mtn loop, dutch john, and a couple of the other main trails. After lunch we went and ran daniel and got to test some of the new guys rigs. Which all performed excellent and some surprised me a whole lot with some of the lines they were able to run. Had a roaring campfire saturday night where we sat around, drank some "fluids", and reflected on the trails of the day. Broke down camp Sunday morning, and went to grab the classic "hissy fit" from the boondocks grill. Always amazing!

Carnage report:
-Ronnie got some more body damage running one of the hard line on kodak, but in true ZJ style he walked it.
-Hunter fubared his steering and couldn't turn left. Pretty sure he hit the pitman arm and tweaked it pretty bad. and couldn't drive back (no surprise).
-I almost lit the jeep on fire. about 45 mins from home, smoke started pouring out of the back. pulled over and saw just about every type of fluid on the underside of the jeep. Possibly overheated the new tranny (FML) but let it set for a bit and then drove her the rest of the way home
-Miles cracked his windshield and busted some trim off
-Michael broke another cv shaft on the rhino

But overall, killer trip!! Especially for a last minute trip change. Thanks to everyone who came out. It was a blast! Cant wait for the next one.

Pics coming soon

sounds like a great trip hate i missed. miles told me he had a run in with the infamous tree root on daniel and yeah no surprise that hunters s*** did make it back.

Casey the locks look good. Yall should have taken the extra 5 minutes it took to tie that damn sway bar up on that TJ and taken it off.

Casey the locks look good. Yall should have taken the extra 5 minutes it took to tie that damn sway bar up on that TJ and taken it off.
Ehh it held and he tied it up so no use in taking it off. Ohh and steve your avatar made me lol in class. Cant wait for the next trip had a great time and a good crew this time for sure.

Get off my nutz. I had a great trip and beat the hell out of my jeep. Thats the point.
the reason I ask is because i bent the hell out of a stock waggy arm at gulches a few years back and I was wondering what arm you bent. I would swap over to a drop TJ/YJ pitman arm and ream it from the top as its stronger than the waggy arms and gets you the same amount of drop.

what the hell did you hit? i forget what we did on your jeep, are you running stock waggy pitman arm or a drop YJ arm?
I was coming down the right side of Kodak and hit a bigass log I couldn't see. It jerked my tires to the right and made an awful popping noise. I can turn full lock to the right but barely to the left. Gonna tear it apart (today hopefully) and see what the damage is. And Im running a 4in drop pitman arm.

oh dam, I think we already have the stronger pitman arm on yours then...let us know what happend, I'm guessing you just bent the pitman arm. When I bent mine I could only turn one way.