Transfer Case Cooler

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Does anyone run a cooler for their T-Case? I found a bracket that would allow the mounting of a power steering cooler and transmission cooler in front of the radiator. I thought instead of the transmission cooler, I could cool the T-Case instead. Would this help in the long run?

Here is the kit with the bracket. Maybe I could fabricate something like it.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/56112_3111.htm

I would think you would need a "pump" to make the fluid flow into the cooler. The case is aluminum and does a good job acting as a heat sink.

I don't believe you would need it for the transfer case. If you have or know someone who has one of those little handheld infared thermometers crawl under there and check it a few times under some different situations and see if it is getting hot at all, my guess would be less than 150 degrees under normal load. message me and if your gonna be in the TR area we can try get together and check it with my thermometer sometime.

Jason

I know it may not be apples to apples but I had my CJ out today for about a 25 mile cruise mixed backroads and some stoplights. When I got home I shot the transfer casse with my thermometer and got an average of 102-106 degrees on the case. transmission outside case was slightly higher average about 110-115 degrees. Next time I take the JK out I'll shoot it if I have the time.