GGT this weekend with perfect conditions

This is it our biggest event of the year. GULCHES GOT TALENT It all happens at 11:00am this Saturday. The weather looks great with high temps not supposed to reach higher than the low 80's. No dust and dry perfect conditions for this event. Spectators with no 4x4's are welcome. We will provide transportation to and from the event site. 98% of the park will be available for trail riding.

I'm really glad to see a good turn out. Kind of reminds me of the old days when everyone wheeled. :shaking:

No kidding about the weather, it was beautiful all weekend! :grin: The competition was fun to watch also.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The weather was beautiful. It wasn't too dusty. The rigs that did show up were great. There were originally going to be 15 rigs but only 8 showed. 1 dropped out before he ran the first round do to mechanical issues. Down to 7. Out of those 7, there were 2 high end rigs. The blue s10 truggy and a really cool buggy from NC. A few pics of it below. The first run took out 4 of them.

- one rolled and popped a bead (probably more damage but couldn't tell.)
- one snapped a rear axle shaft (the Tow Mater, cool truck)
- one rolled, got back on his wheels and then ripped the rear axle off on his retry. (this was the Big "O" dodge jeep)
- the other (an orange grand Cherokee with exo) disappeared. I don't know why he didn't run the second round.

The remaining 3 were the blue truggy, the low NC crawler and of course Miller.

Miller put on a clinic on skill and the other two just went crazy showing that the rig itself can do anything. The truggy was actually completely sitting sideways on 3D at one point and he moved around like he was in a parking lot. The rigs that did show were great, I do wish there were more.

After that though. We had a great MidCarolinaJeepers turn out and we hit some great trails. A big challenge for me since thus was my first real day at gulches on the new setup. We ran sidewinder, TNT, heartbreaker and shipwreck. I appreciate all the spotting that Marcus did for me. I learned a lot and look forward to next time.