MCJ Windrock September 2011 PICTURES

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
A few pictures from my phone. Nothing special, but here they are to get things kicked off.

This is the first group of the club on Friday taking over the back parking lot of a KFC (not currently open). We took the time while waiting for the rest of the crew to meet us to take care of some maintenance (alignment on mine and Ricky's jeeps).

The crew

Ricky's Jeep (notice Brook's supervisor chair. I guess I caught him when he took a break from sitting.)

Mine parked a trail, I do believe right before my hub exploded.

There were a lot of cameras/phones and video cameras there. I'm sure we have plenty of pictures coming. But I guess some of the crew is not back yet. Still waiting to hear the story on that one.

I had an awesome time. Ive wanted to go to windrock for years and i'm glad i finally got to go up. Next time i'll definitely have to take my own rig, been tinkering with how to finish the TJ all day. I have to admit, Ricky's JK and Greg's TJ just kept on suprising me all weekend. Ricky kept doing stuff i thought a 285 would surely get swallowed by, that traction control is pretty trick. And of course Greg kept hitting lines and making everyone else look stupid with how easy he made it. I still feel like crap from all the dust Saturday and felt like dookie most of the weekend but had a great time. Enjoyed meeting you all up there and hope to wheel with you all again sometime soon for sure. Gillis's stories were pretty interesting to say the least....

I didnt get as many pictures as i'd hoped but the ones i did i'm uploading to facebook at the moment. If your not my friend you can add me, names stephen kolb.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Some more pictures. Some of the sights.

One of the windmills. I think I took this picture from on top of that huge coal pile.

And some of the cave.

I had an absolute blast guys. I want to thank everyone who came and made it the awesome trip it was.

Ricky: Thanks for the help with the hard doors on thursday and the dry room over my head on sunday night. You and your jeep really impressed me and I had a ton of fun wheeling with you.

Gillis: The old barn doors worked out pretty good, had fun watching the huge 40s mush over all the rocks.

Greg: what can i say, your jeep just goes. Very impressed with the driver skill you showed off and the jeep. It was fun wheeling with you again.

Larry and Burgundy: the sammy was keeping the bugs away for most of the trip which was a good thing. Had fun watching burgundy pilot the sammy up 38 and wheel stand it. Larry as always it was fun as hell.

JR: the cherokee is impressive to say the least, well done on the upper rocks on little rattle rock. That thing flat out works.

Marcus and Steve: Thanks for coming out and bringing some of the lakelands offroad Crew, had a great time and cant wait to wheel with yall again.

Jimmy: I dont know how you found us friday night but that was awesome haha. had a fun time wheeling with yall. Tell Julie she is a trooper for putting up with all us hooligans.

p9010078.jpg

p9010087.jpg

p9020089.jpg

p9020091.jpg

p9020092.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a list of the trails we ran.
15 (awesome)
38 (awesome)
39 (pretty crazy but awesome)
3 (good trail with vnotch at the end)
16 (never again)
Rattle Rock (bottom 1/4)

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
16 .... TERRIBLE. Took forever, no obstacles. It just beat the crap out of you. Mainly because you just wanted to speed up and get the heck off of it.

Maybe hijack but who cares......There was a hint towards problems getting back in the middle of the night? Any more on that?
we left sunday night to head back to a camping spot on i40 that we had stayed at to break up our drive...but an hour out of windrock gillis and ricky were having steering and seeing problems so we decided to stay there for the night a little outside of knoxville.

JRs driveshaft was also like a banana and we were worried it may not make it.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Nice. Just found a gift from the trip I didn't know I had gotten. A tick. Hope he was the only guest I didn't know I had.